RCK60-24B gearbox spindle

Dunslandloy

Equipment
B2400HSD
Aug 4, 2017
SE OH
I have a RCK60-24B mower on my B2400. I have to replace the gearbox seals due to a leaking bottom seal and was going to do the bearings as well. Is there only one bearing in each spindle? It looks like there is room for two bearings in the spindle housing but mine has only one,

Rusty46

Equipment
B7500 HSD-R, LA 302, RCK60-24B, Woods RB-72, Millcreek 25, Harrow, Payne PF800,
There are (3) bearings, (2) bearings on the horizontal shaft and (1) bearing on the vertical shaft. A second bearing for the vertical shaft is below the gearbox & pully inside the spindle housing.

Here are (2) Y-Tube videos that may be of help.

Exploded view, part numbers and prices are available at

Reactions: 1 user

Dunslandloy

Equipment
B2400HSD
Aug 4, 2017
SE OH
Does the bearing in the spindle come out of bottom or top of deck spindle? I see a large internal snap ring above the bearing.

Rusty46

Equipment
B7500 HSD-R, LA 302, RCK60-24B, Woods RB-72, Millcreek 25, Harrow, Payne PF800,
"Does the bearing in the spindle come out of bottom or top of deck spindle? I see a large internal snap ring above the bearing."

Sorry, I can't help you with that question. The bearing below the gear box is not pressed onto the shaft. It stays in the spindle housing when the gearbox with shaft is removed. I have not removed this bearing.

Dunslandloy

Equipment
B2400HSD
Aug 4, 2017
SE OH
"Does the bearing in the spindle come out of bottom or top of deck spindle? I see a large internal snap ring above the bearing."

Sorry, I can't help you with that question. The bearing below the gear box is not pressed onto the shaft. It stays in the spindle housing when the gearbox with shaft is removed. I have not removed this bearing.
Ok. Thanks Rusty.