RC60-72 Belt Diagram

groffster

Equipment
B7200
Sep 19, 2012
Confluence, Pa
I have a RC60-72 deck that was missing some parts when I got it. The parts are on their way now. I'm looking for a picture or diagram of the belt route so I know how to put the belt on once the last couple pulleys are installed. Anyone have a picture or link they can share? My sticker on the deck is only 1/4 there.

Kubota Newbie

Equipment
M4500, New Idea Cut-Ditioner, JD 14T Baler, IH "Plow Chief" plows, Oliver Rake
Dec 28, 2010
Mount Vernon, Ohio
I've got a RC60-72 illustrated parts list, get me an e-mail and I'll scan it and send you a copy... wait, sorry, it doesn't have a belt diagram, has everything else though.

birddogger

May 29, 2011
Pittsburgh
Let's see if I can describe this clearly. Standing behind the deck, this puts the tensioner pulley slightly to left of center. You need to have the left gearbox mounting bracket off. The belt goes around the left pulley, over the near-side of the tensioner, around the center pulley and off the front of the center pulley to the right pulley, around the right pulley to return to the left pulley.
Helps a whole lot to release the tension adjust nut till almost off. Remember or mark the original place with a Sharpie marker. Reattach the left gearbox bracket and restore tensioner nut to original position.
That should do it, unless I was standing in-front of the deck, then everything is bass-ackwards. Pretty sure that is it. Basically the belt make a triangle and the tension pulley puts a jog in that side that runs up between the gearbox bracket and the gearbox pulley.

groffster

Equipment
B7200
Sep 19, 2012
Confluence, Pa
Let's see if I can describe this clearly. Standing behind the deck, this puts the tensioner pulley slightly to left of center. You need to have the left gearbox mounting bracket off. The belt goes around the left pulley, over the near-side of the tensioner, around the center pulley and off the front of the center pulley to the right pulley, around the right pulley to return to the left pulley.
Helps a whole lot to release the tension adjust nut till almost off. Remember or mark the original place with a Sharpie marker. Reattach the left gearbox bracket and restore tensioner nut to original position.
That should do it, unless I was standing in-front of the deck, then everything is bass-ackwards. Pretty sure that is it. Basically the belt make a triangle and the tension pulley puts a jog in that side that runs up between the gearbox bracket and the gearbox pulley.
Thanks birddogger, but by the number of pulleys that you included you are talking about the RC60-72H, I have the RC60-72, there are 3 tensioner pulleys on it.

FYI: My I have 2 English Setters, 1 GSH and 1 Britt. :eek:)

Last edited:

birddogger

May 29, 2011
Pittsburgh
Hmmm, curiouser and curiouser. Are you sure that isn't an rc60-72A? the parts look-up show that one as having 3 tensioners, though 1 appears to be stationary. I'm out of the loop on that one.

(Setters from "onpoint"?) I have two many dogs, don't know how you can handle four many dogs; I'd be totally bonkers instead of just half bonkers with my two.

garryjames

Equipment
B7200, L35, M6800
Jul 2, 2013
Versailles, KY
Birddogger is not correct when he said take off the left hand bracket on the gearbox. Sitting on the tractor, you must remove the right hand bracket from the RC60-72H mower deck. I followed his instructions and removed the left bracket. You can thread the belt only one way with the left bracket approach. I ended up with about 4 inches too much belt. I took the belt back off and compared it to the old belt and found that they were within 1/2" in length of each other (the old one had stretched...) I figured I must remove the right bracket. So I reattached the left bracket, removed the right bracket, threaded the belt and Bingo! a perfect fit... All the blades turn the correct way and the mower mows great. BTW: you have to take off the deck drive shaft too to get the belt on.

dalmatian1919

May 17, 2018
US
Birddogger is not correct when he said take off the left hand bracket on the gearbox. Sitting on the tractor, you must remove the right hand bracket from the RC60-72H mower deck. I followed his instructions and removed the left bracket. You can thread the belt only one way with the left bracket approach. I ended up with about 4 inches too much belt. I took the belt back off and compared it to the old belt and found that they were within 1/2" in length of each other (the old one had stretched...) I figured I must remove the right bracket. So I reattached the left bracket, removed the right bracket, threaded the belt and Bingo! a perfect fit... All the blades turn the correct way and the mower mows great. BTW: you have to take off the deck drive shaft too to get the belt on.
Your observations right on very helpful thank you much

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk