Radio Advice Grand L

mtdave

Equipment
L4060HSTC
Jan 3, 2022
Michigan
I purchased one of Messick's plug and play radio packages for my Grand L. If you're not familiar with these, it's a pre-made harness and a low cost radio (I seem to remember they even acknowledge that was intentional to keep costs down). While the radio works OK, I can't see the display text without almost standing up in line with the radio. Looking from below, like when seated, makes the screen nearly impossible to see. I suppose the radio is designed to be read straight on or even from above when seated in a normal vehicle. I attempted to brighten the display or change the contrast, but it doesn't seem either is an option.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a radio with a display that can be easily read from a seated position? The only requirement (other than being easy to read the display) is bluetooth. Otherwise the simpler the better. Thank you.

dclauria

Equipment
Kubota L4060HSTC, L4479 snowblower, EA 60" grapple, LP GS2584, LP BB2572
Jan 1, 2022
Northern Michigan
I purchased one of Messick's plug and play radio packages for my Grand L. If you're not familiar with these, it's a pre-made harness and a low cost radio (I seem to remember they even acknowledge that was intentional to keep costs down). While the radio works OK, I can't see the display text without almost standing up in line with the radio. Looking from below, like when seated, makes the screen nearly impossible to see. I suppose the radio is designed to be read straight on or even from above when seated in a normal vehicle. I attempted to brighten the display or change the contrast, but it doesn't seem either is an option.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a radio with a display that can be easily read from a seated position? The only requirement (other than being easy to read the display) is bluetooth. Otherwise the simpler the better. Thank you.
I also started with a cheap Bluetooth radio and I had a very difficult time reading the screen.
This summer I bought this and haven't regretted spending the extra money

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
I put this new in the new Can-am UTV, sounds great and water proof. The only thing is its long, it sticks out about 5.5" from the face. Also the display changes color for better viewing.

/www.amazon.com/Soundstream-MHU-32-Digital-Playback-Bluetooth/dp/B01NBYSPGY/?_encoding=UTF8&p

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
My radio is the same way, and it is a fairly nice one installed by my dealer. 🤷‍♀️

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
I put this one in as it’s been recommended by others. No trouble seeing it and at night I wish I could dim it.

IMG_0411.png

DVR

Premium Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5400, L3560LE, L3301. KX033-4
May 8, 2020
Columbia, SC
I have an alpine in one tractor and kenwood in the other.
Both were over $100 but not by much.
No problems seeing either.

mtdave

Equipment
L4060HSTC
Jan 3, 2022
Michigan
Thanks for the replies, I guess I'm not alone having difficulty seeing the cheap Chinese radio displays from below. I look into the better units suggested. Thank you!