R520S Wheel Loader Forward/Reverse inop.

mgcmn

Equipment
R520S
May 27, 2018
hopewell junction, ny
I have seen a few posts on this same condition. It is definitely an electrical issue, and most likely a broken wire. Some have changed the whole harness, while others have fixed their own harness. It would be a great benefit if the description of which wires were bad was posted as it cannot be that many. I have been chasing this gremlin for a while now, every time i think i get it it happens again. If anybody could post a picture of at least where their splice is it would be much appreciated. Apparently i have to post 5x before being able to email a private message, so here is #1. Hopefully somebody knows the answer or where to get a good diagram. I ordered the repair manual, and the diagram is not very goo at all. If i do find the wire, i will post pictures to help anyone else out.:eek:

HeyYou0622

Equipment
B2650 and R520S
Dec 20, 2022
MA
Did you ever wind up finding this? My R520S was driving fine when parked. Fired it up a week or so later and it will only drive in either direction once the throttle is all the way up. Otherwise loader and electric seem to be fine. If you have any info I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Special_K_Side

Equipment
R-520,S,ST
Aug 5, 2022
British Columbia, Canada
Did you ever wind up finding this? My R520S was driving fine when parked. Fired it up a week or so later and it will only drive in either direction once the throttle is all the way up. Otherwise loader and electric seem to be fine. If you have any info I would appreciate it. Thanks!
Are you stuck in turtle mode? There is a button on the top of the main control that puts you into turtle mode and lights up a light on the left side of the cluster like a turtle. You cannot do much fast but everything seems to work fine. I have disabled it on all of our loaders