R520 Hydraulic Cylinder

alfamia

Equipment
R520, L185 (sold), B7200 (sold), and an Economy!
Oct 3, 2017
Norfolk, CT
Hi
I can't seem to find a part number or source for a seal kit for the center hydraulic ram of the R520 Wheel Loader. Mine is leaking like a sieve, and I'd prefer to use the correct factory seal if possible.
The parts catalog seems to only list the whole new cylinder at $1700. plus!
Anyone got a source for seal kits?
Any help appreciated! Thanks!!

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
........ for the center hydraulic ram
Center meaning center front tilt cylinder, or center meaning center of machine steering cylinder?
Both appear to have a full breakdown on the aussie parts site, I would expect same for the US site.
Just ring your dealer, tell him you want a seal kit, give him your CC and away you go!
http://www.kubota.com/part/partsList.aspx

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Center meaning center front tilt cylinder, or center meaning center of machine steering cylinder?
Both appear to have a full breakdown on the aussie parts site, I would expect same for the US site.
Just ring your dealer, tell him you want a seal kit, give him your CC and away you go!
http://www.kubota.com/part/partsList.aspx
Out of curiosity & to see more about the R520 I clicked on your link.
After making me think it was going to work, a message popped up about access only allow in USA market.

Going further the Message became "Illegal Access."

I am in Canada.
I realize the owner of the R520 is in the USA and should have no trouble using the link.

Dave M7040

100 td

Equipment
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Out of curiosity & to see more about the R520 I clicked on your link.
I was going to buy an R420 with backhoe, might have been a 410, but the machine had been so abused and the center articulation pivot was totally knackered and needed major work as the bushes were worn completely through so I gave it a miss, sometimes I would prefer it to the B21 though.

If you want to try the link go to https://whoer.net/webproxy and select LA for the server.

Last edited:

alfamia

Equipment
Oct 3, 2017
Norfolk, CT
Thanks to everyone who responded. I know I can go to the dealer, of course. But the parts list I see only shows the whole cylinder (it's the center bucket ram BTW) not a kit. I was hoping for an aftermarket source other than dealer. And I'm looking for the KIT part no. at least!

It's a great machine BTW! Thanks!

100 td

Equipment
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
I'd prefer to use the correct factory seal if possible.
alfamia said:
I was hoping for an aftermarket source other than dealer.
(it's the center bucket ram BTW) not a kit.
alfamia said:
And I'm looking for the KIT part no. at least!
???
So do you want a kit for it or not, do you want factory parts or aftermarket?

Go to the parts list, front attachments, tilt cylinder component parts, it's all listed
68881-93930
Buy the parts from the dealer
If you want to go non genuine take the cylinder to a repair shop and they'll find something aftermarket that fits.

Last edited:

alfamia

Equipment
Oct 3, 2017
Norfolk, CT
Ordered the kit from one of the online dealers, for over $300 for a handful of rings and seals. Easy replacement. Basic hydraulic cylinder r&r. Installed and working so I guess I can't complain.