R1 tire availability

TGKY

Equipment
L4701DT
May 24, 2018
US
Hello- I recently purchased an L4701. I wanted ag tires but it had R4’s on it.

The dealer told me that there was a problem between Kubota and their R1 ag tire supplier and the tires currently available rubbed the fenders and that as soon as the problem was resolved they would call me and swap the tire out at no expense ot me. They even wrote it in the deal.
This sounds odd- I went ahead and did it because truths or not truth no other local dealers had any supply and it’s not the end of the world. However I’m holding off on ballast becuse I don’t want to pay for it twice.
So I’m really curious has anyone else heard similar regarding new r1 rubbing and a problem getting them due to supply shortage.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
No, but there are a lot of possibilities. From what I understand, R4 and R1s are on different rims. Who knows if they tried to put some R1s on R4 rims or tried a set from another model. Also, R1 rims are typically adjustable width, so couldn’t they just change the offset to make them wider to prevent the rub.

TGKY

Equipment
L4701DT
May 24, 2018
US
The top of the fender is where I understood the issue to be. But the dealer framed it as a Kubota issue. Seems odd.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Hello- I recently purchased an L4701. I wanted ag tires but it had R4’s on it.

The dealer told me that there was a problem between Kubota and their R1 ag tire supplier and the tires currently available rubbed the fenders and that as soon as the problem was resolved they would call me and swap the tire out at no expense ot me. They even wrote it in the deal.
This sounds odd- I went ahead and did it because truths or not truth no other local dealers had any supply and it’s not the end of the world. However I’m holding off on ballast becuse I don’t want to pay for it twice.
So I’m really curious has anyone else heard similar regarding new r1 rubbing and a problem getting them due to supply shortage.
Sounds like the dealer does not have the correct size R1 tires for your tractor so is installing an incorrect size in order to close the deal and get paid.

Do they plan to refinish the fenders after the tires damage the paint?

SDT

TGKY

Equipment
L4701DT
May 24, 2018
US
Fortunately there was no damage. The put R4 on and wrote that when they get r1 in stock I get to swap out at no cost

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Fortunately there was no damage. The put R4 on and wrote that when they get r1 in stock I get to swap out at no cost
Sounds reasonable.

Who pays for hauling?

SDT

TGKY

Equipment
L4701DT
May 24, 2018
US
They do. All expenses on them. So I’m ok with how it works out except that I don’t have the tires yet lol. I just thought it was odd and didn’t know if it was localized to my dealer or not.

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE
It must be they were trying to put a different size tire and wheel that normal doesn't come on a L4701 on it. When I was tractor shopping back in June I looked at a L4701 that had the R-1 tires on it and they weren't even close to rubbing on the fenders. I ended up with MX-6000 with R-4's on it.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Everything is a supply shortage for one reason or another 2020-2021…nuts. Lack of workers at multiple points int he supply chain, foreign companies shutting dow manufacturing/shipping, our ports delaying container ships docking, etc….crazy.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Everything is a supply shortage for one reason or another 2020-2021…nuts. Lack of workers at multiple points int he supply chain, foreign companies shutting dow manufacturing/shipping, our ports delaying container ships docking, etc….crazy.
Such things happen when gubmint pays folks more to stay home than they can earn by working.

SDT