Quick video using my seat lift

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
I was curious about your build and finally found it. I am even more impressed now with the whole thing. My only addition would be from the "belt and suspenders department". From what I can gather, the piece of square tubing on the side of the channel is what transfer any loads to the FEL pin or frame in the forward, aft and outboard directions. However, as you rotate the swivel seat inboard towards the operator seat with your weight, now you have a moment load (torque) trying to move the top of channel away from the end of the pin and only the "U" bolts at the bottom would be preventing such thing from happening.
My suggestion would be that since you already have a hole on the square tube piece to verify pin engagement, enlarge the hole, weld a nut, put a bolt in there to capture the tip of the FEL pin. At that point the FEL pin would also take any inboard loads from the lift. I might be wrong, but if my assumptions are right, this might add a little extra safety. I hope this makes sense.
You sir have a sharp eye! 😀👍That small hole in the square tubing was drilled on my drill press before I welded it to the c channel and served as a pilot hole . I then Drilled and installed a grade 8, 5/16 bolt with a nyloc nut to retain it. I wanted to make sure I was drilling thru , as close as possible thru the center line of the loader pin. It just so happened that the dia of the loader pin fit really nicely into the id square heavy wall tubing.

Reactions: 1 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Ken - I remember your posts when you were putting the lift on the tractor.

So glad that it’s working well for you. Well done.

Reactions: 1 user

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
For starters I debated to even post this video of myself using my self-designed and built seat lift that allows me to get up on my taller L2501
Awesome idea. Love the fact you can work on your tractor.

May be something other folks in your situation can also use.

GrampaJeff

Equipment
L4060Hstc-LE
Sep 15, 2021
Wyoming
Ken, this video should go viral on YouTube. Damn the Haters, full steam ahead. This should serve to show people, and especially kids that ANYTHING can be done, if you desire it enough. Well done , Sir!

Reactions: 2 users

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Thank You Ken for sharing your ingenious "self" loading apparatus. You Sir have my full respect and admiration!!

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
Thanks for all the kind replies and comments.
Hopefully this might inspire others that there is almost always a work around if the desire is there. :)

Reactions: 2 users