Quick Hitch

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
Just added a Quick Hitch from Northern Tool (china made). I had read that the over sized pins work good with the quick hitch. So I got three sets with my hitch. Its kinda odd getting used to hook. My box weight I had to cut out a higher placement for the top pin for the hook on the quick hitch to work. Then my bush hog I had to cut the over sized pins down/shorten them to fit in the lift channels that hold the pins. Just installed it today. But not having to unadjust and readjust the rear arms will be great.
I also got another top U hitch piece from Ag supply several folks had mentioned would come in really handy with the quick hitch. The hook would not work with the bush hog. But the U hitch did.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sammy3700

Equipment
L3800HST,524Loader,BH77,Landplane,Disk,Mowers and more
Feb 20, 2012
Red Springs, NC
I do not have that style hitch. Just want to say be careful when you raise it completely up and the top link is screwed in it can hit your fenders.

Lennyzx11

Equipment
L3301
Dec 18, 2015
Bennington Vermont
I do not have that style hitch. Just want to say be careful when you raise it completely up and the top link is screwed in it can hit your fenders.

Sammy is right. I have that setup. I moved the 3 pt arms to the lower holes that pick the arms up. When raised all the way, there's usually an inch or so between the handle and taillight now. Haven't ever needed that extra bit so far.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I See said the blind man....And clearly in my photo my pin is in the top hole on the arm where it came from the factory. I'll drop it to the lower hole. I moved my tractor this afternoon to use the bucket. My bush hog is up plenty high.
Thanks for the tip....I love this forum. Folks always love to help others here.
I did take the time to give my 'baby' a bath yesterday and a waxing after she dried. Three yrs old. Still looks great.

RyeThomas

Dec 23, 2015
Northern Virginia
I got one about 2 weeks ago. I had to order a short top link, 9"-14" so I could regain some ground clearance. Now that I have the short top link everything fits and I can get them up off the ground pretty high. If anyone else goes this route just be careful not to make the top link too short or it can bind the 3 point at full lift. Once you get them straight these things are great, now it's just a pain to hook the pto, lol.