Quick hitch questions

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
So first bit of serious messing with it today, I lowered the hook to get it on the tiller - misjudged the first time and had to lower it a bit more. Not THAT hard but would hate to do it every time.

I'm probably going to move them all to the top, as suggested. Most of them have bushings already, fit the hitch perfectly. Might have to figure out one or two.

Thank you all for the input. I was worried that maybe the quick hitch wouldn't be as useful as I thought, looks like I was worried about nothing.

Reactions: 2 users

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
So first bit of serious messing with it today, I lowered the hook to get it on the tiller - misjudged the first time and had to lower it a bit more. Not THAT hard but would hate to do it every time.
I make a mark with the letter of the implement so I know where to put the hook before I back up. Permanent marker, dremel tool to scratch, etc.

Reactions: 1 user

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
I make a mark with the letter of the implement so I know where to put the hook before I back up. Permanent marker, dremel tool to scratch, etc.
Looks like I'm going to have to do something like that. Just hooked up the cultivator today. Low bolt hole is too low, so I moved it to the top, which doesn't match the tiller.

Ah well, moving that hook is still a LOT easier than messing with the hitch every time. At this point I'm really happy with it!

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
Another option which I have adopted, is to use pins that can easily be moved to adjust the top hook as needed.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Looks like I'm going to have to do something like that. Just hooked up the cultivator today. Low bolt hole is too low, so I moved it to the top, which doesn't match the tiller.

Ah well, moving that hook is still a LOT easier than messing with the hitch every time. At this point I'm really happy with it!
Replace the bolts with pins and changing the hook position will be much faster. Here is a picture.

20200804_202128.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

PapaJ

Equipment
BX2680 - PFL1242 - RCK54 MMM - Fimco 3PH Sprayer - Trailer Mover
Apr 28, 2020
VA
Another option which I have adopted, is to use pins that can easily be moved to adjust the hook as needed.
I just added these to my quick hitch hook today. 1/2 x 3in

Reactions: 1 users

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
This is another option, I just flip it backward to access the hook. In fact. I use this option with my bush hog and finish mower to allow proper movement and tilt of the mower on uneven ground.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
The whole point in the quick hitch is for it to be quick, the QH should not require any adjusting. Do yourself a favor and ADAPT the implement to work correctly with the QH. It will be a pain ONE time adapting it and then never again.

I had several implements from my old tractor (pre-QH) that I modified to work with the QH. If you are leaving your seat to use your QH you are doing it wrong. Modifying your QH to work with the implement is backwards thinking. I have never made an adjustment to the QH.

At his point using the QH and T&T I can pick up any of my attachments sitting on just about any surface without leaving the tractor seat. That is what the QH was designed for. Drop-go, pick-go. Let me say this again as it is just this simple, if you are leaving your seat to use your QH, you are doing it wrong. When you get it right the QH is hard beat.