Quick Hitch Questions

UGADAWG1981

Equipment
L3901HST
May 3, 2016
Covington, Georgia
I just got my L3901HST a few weeks ago and I am considering buying a quick hitch. I have read all of the threads on OTT about quick hitches, but I am still not clear on one point - floating top link.

Land Pride sells an "Optional Floating Top Link" adapter to use on their quick hitch for use with implements with a floating top link such as my RCR1860 rotary cutter. Since the cost of the Land Pride is at least 3 times the units from Harbor Freight or Northern Tool, I am considering on of those lesser cost units. If I go with the HF quick hitch, will it work with my rotary cutter? Is there a floating top link option for the HF unit comparable to what Land Pride offers?

Thanks in advance to helping me understand what the floating top link option actually is.

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
Cutters need a "floating link" somewhere in their top connection. It can be in front of or behind the A-frame.

When I got my cutter, it was in front as most are. I changed it to the rear so it would work with the quick hitch. See the attachment below.

Some quick hitch makers have a top link adapter for use with implements that won't allow hook access to the top pin. Some people call this a "floating link." It has a different purpose than the rotary cutter "floating link."

Bruce

Attachments

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
The one thing you need to be careful of is that on the base L tractors it is possible to hit the tail lights with the quick hitch depending on which hole you are using on the lower links to mount it. So use caution when you are setting it up for each implement. A couple people have broken a light on their shiny new tractors :( :(

I have one on my 3560 and in general like it.

Gundoctor

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota M7040 4x4/ BX2230 4x4/ JD MX 8/ Ford 101 Moldboard 3 bottom Plows -
The Land Pride Quick-Hitch is worth every penny that it cost. Only John Deere comes close. Go with the best and you will have a "Life time" of use. I now have several.

UGADAWG1981

Equipment
L3901HST
May 3, 2016
Covington, Georgia
The one thing you need to be careful of is that on the base L tractors it is possible to hit the tail lights with the quick hitch depending on which hole you are using on the lower links to mount it. So use caution when you are setting it up for each implement. A couple people have broken a light on their shiny new tractors :( :(

I have one on my 3560 and in general like it.
Thanks for the tip about the tail lights.

Which Quick Hitch are you using?

UGADAWG1981

Equipment
L3901HST
May 3, 2016
Covington, Georgia
The Land Pride Quick-Hitch is worth every penny that it cost. Only John Deere comes close. Go with the best and you will have a "Life time" of use. I now have several.
What makes the Land Pride quick hitch worth the extra money? I have seen many posts on this FORUM advising to get with the lower priced QH.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Thanks for the tip about the tail lights.

Which Quick Hitch are you using?
I have the Woods version of the Quick Hitch. I have the impression judging from the pictures that many types are identical, maybe even made in the same factory, but with a different name on them.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
I forget who makes mine. Its identical to the Land Pride, and iMatch from Deere. But I paid loads less. I dont hook top of rotary cutter anymore. Flexs much better and after hogging the same spots several times, I know where the ruts are.

UGADAWG1981

Equipment
L3901HST
May 3, 2016
Covington, Georgia
Here is a link to see all three model that Land Pride makes now.

Made by American Worker -

We all need help here.

http://www.landpride.com/products/dirtworking/quick-hitches

I hope you like.
Thanks for the link.

I have a Land Pride catalog with Series L tractor compatible implements but it doesn't show the new quick hitch for subcompacts.

I always try to buy American when given a choice and I have had bad experiences with Chinese made products (other than electronics). Even though they are considerably more $$$, I believe I'll take a trip down to the Kubota dealer where I bought my tractor (only 6 miles from the house) and take a look at their Quick Hitch QH15-01.

Gundoctor

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota M7040 4x4/ BX2230 4x4/ JD MX 8/ Ford 101 Moldboard 3 bottom Plows -
Thanks for the link.

I have a Land Pride catalog with Series L tractor compatible implements but it doesn't show the new quick hitch for subcompacts.

I always try to buy American when given a choice and I have had bad experiences with Chinese made products (other than electronics). Even though they are considerably more $$$, I believe I'll take a trip down to the Kubota dealer where I bought my tractor (only 6 miles from the house) and take a look at their Quick Hitch QH15-01.
Just go to Google = type in

Land Pride QH15

You will see a lot of prices

Gun Doctor

blb078

Jun 19, 2016
Wentzville
A question in regards to this thread, is quick hitch the same thing as the JD imatch? meaning is it the same connection type and do most newer implements work with quick/imatch hitches?

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
A question in regards to this thread, is quick hitch the same thing as the JD imatch? meaning is it the same connection type and do most newer implements work with quick/imatch hitches?
Yes, yes.

But some Imatch hitches don't have an adjustable top hook for off-spec implements.

I still see some new implements, at farm stores, that are not quick hitch compatible.

Bruce

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Beware of this... if you have 5 implements, the quick hitch will probably only fit 1 of them.. all the rest will have to be slightly modified. The quick hitch I bought, Speeco, was listed as a cat 1 but the slots, bottom lift slots, were cat 3 size. I had to use sleeves on the implements to make them larger. The width of some of the implements are also too wide or too narrow to fit the quick hitch exactly. Once you get all that figured out, you'll love it . I don't even get off my bx to pick up or drop off the box blade or ballast box. The grader blade and rake do have support arms I have to fold up after I pick them up. And of course the pto shaft on the finish mower.