Quick Hitch for BXs

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
Today I bought a Land Pride Quick Hitch, QH05, designed for scuts (http://www.landpride.com/products/630/qh05-quick-hitches). I believe they just came out this year and I happened to stumble across a reference to them on Tuesday. I paid $188 for the QH05 and adapter bushings are not required for category 1 implements. Since the adapter bushings are not needed the QH05 cost the same or less than any of the alternatives for a BX I have looked at and is probably higher quality. At 35 pounds it is probably half the weight of any of the alternatives except the lower arm extensions like “Pat’s Quick Hitch”.
With the lightweight of the QH05, it was quick and easy to install on the tractor. The only problem with picking up my Land Pride RB1560 was the dealer thought I needed a bushing on the upper link. The blade would not seat with the bushing on. When I removed the bushing the blade dropped on when I raised the 3 point. There was nothing in the instructions about installing a bushing and I think this was the first QH05 the dealer sold. The compact size of the QH05 only moved my rear blade back an additional three and a half inches.
The label on the QH05 says for sub compact tractors, but it is rated for 28 hp and it seems like it would also work on some of the B tractors.

Attachments

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
Works great. In the winter I leave the rear blade on all the time, but the rest of the year I always take the 3 point implement off before putting the tractor in the garage. Takes longer for the tractor to warm up or cool down than to pickup or drop a 3 point implement. Plus no bending over to hook up the 3 point or adjust the stabilizers. I did have to grind a little off my Land Pride rear blade to make it fit. If you go to the Land Pride site it gives serial number information for implements that fit a QH05. The QH05 has only been out 2 years so older implements may need to be adapted.

Another advantage to the QH05 is the weight, at 35# you could throw it in your vehicle when looking at implements and try it out for fit before buying the implement.

Last edited: