Quick Attach Conversion

BMC330

Equipment
L3301
Dec 21, 2015
Olive Branch MS
Any one converted your pin on buck to quick attach?

I finished up mine today

I need a grapple to finish cleaning up some tornado damaged that happened about a year ago and I am tired of getting off to saw up limbs and trees to get them into my bucket.

Just curious what conversion parts are being used for this. I got my stuff from E Bay for around $200.

Reactions: 1 user

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Any one converted your pin on buck to quick attach?

I finished up mine today

I need a grapple to finish cleaning up some tornado damaged that happened about a year ago and I am tired of getting off to saw up limbs and trees to get them into my bucket.

Just curious what conversion parts are being used for this. I got my stuff from E Bay for around $200.
You got the loader adapter and the bucket plate for $200? Post the link, please.

BMC330

Equipment
L3301
Dec 21, 2015
Olive Branch MS
The worse part of the conversion is cutting the plates off the bucket. Once they are removed it is pretty simple just measure and weld.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
The worse part of the conversion is cutting the plates off the bucket. Once they are removed it is pretty simple just measure and weld.
Yeah. Mine's a round back bucket so it might take a little more fitting. I'd sure like to have forks or a grapple. Thanks

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Very nicely done, and I don't think you'll regret having 3/8" instead of 1/4" A bit heavier than the 1/4" but you won't have to worry about the top groove pulling out. Nice welding, too. You've done that before, I can tell. Did you consider putting small gussets in the top lip on the plate where the shoes toe in to help make sure it never pulls out? Stiffer is always better. I only have a 4' bucket, but the 535 loader. I don't think I'll ever get anything heavy enough in that bucket to stop the 535 from lifting it.

I'm more curious about the Piranha bar edge you have. How much did that improve the performance of your bucket? I've read nothing but good things about them, and yours is very obviously used, but they are just a little pricey at the moment. I've looked at some imitations, but none have the edge sharpened into the notches like the Piranha. That just looks like a root killer to me. I certainly have my share of roots to deal with.

How's it holding up for wear? Do you ever find occasion to take it back off?

BTW, your salamander (kerosene heater) has a flat. ;D :ROFLMAO:

BMC330

Equipment
L3301
Dec 21, 2015
Olive Branch MS
Very nicely done, and I don't think you'll regret having 3/8" instead of 1/4" A bit heavier than the 1/4" but you won't have to worry about the top groove pulling out. Nice welding, too. You've done that before, I can tell. Did you consider putting small gussets in the top lip on the plate where the shoes toe in to help make sure it never pulls out? Stiffer is always better. I only have a 4' bucket, but the 535 loader. I don't think I'll ever get anything heavy enough in that bucket to stop the 535 from lifting it.

I'm more curious about the Piranha bar edge you have. How much did that improve the performance of your bucket? I've read nothing but good things about them, and yours is very obviously used, but they are just a little pricey at the moment. I've looked at some imitations, but none have the edge sharpened into the notches like the Piranha. That just looks like a root killer to me. I certainly have my share of roots to deal with.

How's it holding up for wear? Do you ever find occasion to take it back off?

BTW, your salamander (kerosene heater) has a flat. ;D :ROFLMAO:

I will check into putting some gussets in the top lip. I never thought about that.

I have no regrets on the piranha tooth bar. It really helps when using the loader to remover dirt from virgin ground. I had originally installed it to save wear on the factory cutting edge. I would recommend It to anyone looking. It has been on for around 5 years now and still looks new.

My heater had a blow out a couple years ago and I just never got around to replacing it lol.

BMC330

Equipment
L3301
Dec 21, 2015
Olive Branch MS
Very nice. Welds look super clean.

Thanks.
My grandfather made sure we learned the welding skills when we were around 12 years old. It has really paid off over the years.

In my older age I have discovered my eye sight is not what it once was. A cheater lenses is a life saver.

I have a nephew that builds utility trailers and he is always open for me to come over to stay up to date on my welding. He said no need to get out of practice.

Reactions: 1 user

BMC330

Equipment
L3301
Dec 21, 2015
Olive Branch MS
Once I get it all cleaned up and painted I will post pictures of the finished product. My local Kubota dealer was closed on Friday I guess due to New Years. I was not able to get any paint.

I also installed a Summit third function getting ready to add the grapple. It was a super easy install. I just need to get it all back to work now.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Once I get it all cleaned up and painted I will post pictures of the finished product. My local Kubota dealer was closed on Friday I guess due to New Years. I was not able to get any paint.

I also installed a Summit third function getting ready to add the grapple. It was a super easy install. I just need to get it all back to work now.
Might better read this before you go buy paint.

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, loader, MMM, pallet forks, tooth bar, rear blade, JD 318 w/plow, JD X350
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
I have used this. It is a good match. Also available in spray cans. I picked some up at Ace Hardware. It was a little more expensive, but if you need it now, you buy it now.

Nice work. I always admire good craftsmanship!

1609764771289.png
I