Questions about Loader & Hydraulic Hoses

Tgore76

Equipment
Kubota L295dt
Aug 6, 2021
North Carolina
I have a L295DT with a loader. Most of my hydraulic hoses need changed. A couple questions:

1) Does anyone know the loader model and where I can get a manual?

2) a lot of the hydraulic hoses have big droops or what seem to be unnecessary bends/radius. Can I or should I replace with shorter?
Todd

Attachments

Tgore76

Equipment
Kubota L295dt
Aug 6, 2021
North Carolina
I would have to get more specific photos - the question is kind of general - will shortening hoses affect performance? Is there a reason hoses might be longer than from point A to point B (other than moving parts)?

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I would have to get more specific photos - the question is kind of general - will shortening hoses affect performance? Is there a reason hoses might be longer than from point A to point B (other than moving parts)?
I think you have a L1200 based upon the style of hydraulic cylinder I see in your photos.
Kubotabooks.com in the loader section has a manual and here is a link to it.
L1200
The only reason for longer hoses might have to do with removing the loader from the tractor. Shorter hoses will, if anything marginally, improve performance.
Dave

Tgore76

Equipment
Kubota L295dt
Aug 6, 2021
North Carolina
The manual says all the hoses are 3/8 but the hoses on the loader are 1/2 hose with 3/8 fittings (which are not readily available, so they have to be made).

which do I trust? Assume this is an L1200 and the manual is correct and replace with 3/8 hose (assume someone Replaced with incorrect hoses at one point)…or replace with same as what is on it (1/2” OD with 3/8 fittings)?
Todd

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
The manual says all the hoses are 3/8 but the hoses on the loader are 1/2 hose with 3/8 fittings (which are not readily available, so they have to be made).

which do I trust? Assume this is an L1200 and the manual is correct and replace with 3/8 hose (assume someone Replaced with incorrect hoses at one point)…or replace with same as what is on it (1/2” OD with 3/8 fittings)?
Todd
If you want the simple solution buy 3/8' hose from a local hydraulic shop who will make them up with the fittings you need while you wait..
My much larger M7040 loader works with 3/8" hose.
Your pump is not large enough to have a flow rate requiring 1/2" hose.
Sometimes what you have on your loader is done when people are in a rush and don't have the proper sizes so cobble stuff together.
Dave

Reactions: 1 users

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us

Todd
You do not need anything larger then 3/8" hose. Replacing all of the hoses will not be inexpensive. Custom made assemblies will be the most expensive route. I would suggest premade hose assemblies with JIC-08 female swivel ends. They are readily available from Surplus Center in the lengths you will need. You will also need JIC adapters for the ports on your cylinders and valve. If you make a comprehensive list you can buy them at the same time and place as the hoses.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

Tgore76

Equipment
Kubota L295dt
Aug 6, 2021
North Carolina
How simple/difficult would it be (any any recommendations/links) to replace the loader control valve while I’m changing all the hoses?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
How simple/difficult would it be (any any recommendations/links) to replace the loader control valve while I’m changing all the hoses?
Probably not much more than drilling a couple new mounting holes. Here are two inexpensive valves that should be almost drop in replacements. The first one is a two lever style valve with float on the boom - $190. The second is a joystick model - $195 without float, $250 with float. Both need the optional power beyond sleeve which is sold separately - $20,

Assuming that is a Model 1200 loader the parts list in the manual has all of the hoses, quantities, and lengths so putting together an online order for them should be easy. If you opted for the hoses with JIC swivel ends as I suggested you would also need to order the appropriate adapters - thats 2 per hose. New joystick valve and hoses should be a big improvement but not inexpensive.

Dan