Question on bleeding fuel lines

tiger9297

Equipment
B7100HST-D w/ Bush Hog FEL
Jun 28, 2009
Tupelo, MS
I have a 1994 B7100 and I changed the fuel filter today. Obviously, I got air in the line so I began the bleeding process. I loosened the two bleeding screws per the manual followed by the one single bleeding valve on the injector pump. I turned the engine over and it squirted fuel all over. I then loosened all three injector lines and began turning the engine over.........no fuel came out. This tractor has not really been running right. It seems to bog down really bad when the slightest load is placed on it (meaning the slightest incline will bog it down, even when it's not pulling anything). Is it possible that the fuel pump is week and barely getting fuel to the engine?? Thanks in advance for any help.

birddogger

May 29, 2011
Pittsburgh
There was someone a week or so ago that trouble with fuel delivery and it ended up being slime in the fuel return line from moisture. Puzzling? yes, but the fuel filter bowl would start to run dry. If you could lean over and see the filter bowl when it starts bogging down and see if it is remaining full or is 1/2 empty?
If that is the situation, then it may be as easy as a couple new fuel lines and some biocide to kill off the fungus.

If the filter bowl remains full (hoping yours is a visible filter) then I'd question fuel delivery pump pressure.

Brown Dog

Equipment
B7800, Rhino WW-60, disk, drags box blades, M4700 Kubota with FEL, Ford 3600
Mar 8, 2010
Willis,TX, USA
Just a suggestion: A year or so ago, I had a M4700 start acting like your tractor, it would bog down, would hardly untrack itself in second gear. It would idle fine, ran smooth with no load. I changed fuel filters, twice, I drained the tank suspecting some kind of alge slime or whatever, I changed the fuel, and it still would not created power. I bled the injectors. Nothing helped. Then just for my own gratification I decided to change the OE fuel lines.
That was the problem, the fuel line was collapsing inside cutting off the adequate fuel flow. When I drained the tank, I was somewhat suspect of the flow rate, I drained thru the filter housing with bowl and filter removed. It was not a heavy stream but I assumed it was adequate. It was not. Changing the line from the tank to the filter was the key. No trouble since. It has all the power it ever had. Hope this helps a lot of folks.

Last edited:

janis

Equipment
l1-455
Dec 13, 2011
Latvia
Just a suggestion: A year or so ago, I had a M4700 start acting like your tractor, it would bog down, would hardly untrack itself in second gear. It would idle fine, ran smooth with no load. I changed fuel filters, twice, I drained the tank suspecting some kind of alge slime or whatever, I changed the fuel, and it still would not created power. I bled the injectors. Nothing helped. Then just for my own gratification I decided to change the OE fuel lines.
That was the problem, the fuel line was collapsing inside cutting off the adequate fuel flow. When I drained the tank, I was somewhat suspect of the flow rate, I drained thru the filter housing with bowl and filter removed. It was not a heavy stream but I assumed it was adequate. It was not. Changing the line from the tank to the filter was the key. No trouble since. It has all the power it ever had. Hope this helps a lot of folks.
Hey,
I ust want to add that I just changed an fuel filter on L1-455 and get air bulb, all the instructions abowe dose not help, the air bulb was befeore prime fuel pump and I spend lot of time whwn I found that, If instructions abowe dose not help disconnet tube from primr fuel pump un just turn engine a bit while pure diesel is comming out and than connect tube back.

Janis