question on a d905 engine.

kubota alpine

Nov 5, 2010
wabush labrador canada
Hello all, I'm building a diesel snowmobile with a kubota engine. The snowmobile is a 1962 (I think) bombardier alpine (valmont technically) that I have a D905BG put into along with a gearcase from a yamaha VK540 becasue it has low range unlike the original.

my question is can you rev a BG series kubota engine thats set a 1800rpm factory for generator use to say 3000 like you could a regular d905. I have searched all over then internet to find the answer with no luck so I turned you fine people to help me out, I figure if someone on here doesnt know off the top of there head you would know where to find such info.

Now that said I have adjusted the throttle arm so it idle's at 800RPM now and it will rev to 3000 rpm according to my laser tachometer, But I am afraid I might do damage to the engine even tho I couldn't find any info suggesting that there is any internal differences between the d905 and d905BG engine's. maybe there is a governor difference or something.

anyway enough talk here is some pics of what I have done so far.

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
I als have no answer.
But I believe the 1800 was because of the frequence of the AC. And maybe because the engine runs in a more efficency range regarding fuel consumption.
If there are no big vibrations at the rpm you want to use it, it should work.

carl

kubota alpine

Nov 5, 2010
wabush labrador canada
1800 rpm and 3600 rpm is for 60 hrtz power depending on how many pole's are in the generator, 50 hrtz is 1500 and 3000 rpm.

the engine revs smoothly to 3000 no problem so I'm going to run it and see what happens, it was a free motor from a scraped lighting plant so if it blows it wont be so bad as if I paid like $500 for it or something, and there are lots more around. id like a d1105 turbo if I can find one becasue it will bolt in. even a d1005 would be an improvement.

but I have good new I got my clutch modified for low rpm engagement and I have my jack shaft made for the secondary clutch and it moves! after a little over a year of picking at it here and there it finally moved!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZb9oZAUhqY