Question About LX 3 point Lift Capacity.

GLG

Equipment
BX-25D
May 24, 2021
SW Michigan
Hello All, I’m a BX owner wanting to get larger tractor for brush hogging and grapple work. I’ve been eyeballing the LX310 and through my googling I came across a thread here where a member stated the LX3310 would be limited to a bush hog that weighed 500 lbs or less due to then3 point construction of the LX. This appears to be true as Landpride only recommends 48” hogs and I believe a light duty 60” for the LX33.

I would definitely appreciate some help with being able to determine how to interpret the 3 point capacity figures, as when the numbers of the LX33 and L33 are compared, they are incredibly close. Same with PTO hp ratings between the two. On paper the two tractors have nearly identical rated capacities and hp, but all of the heavier rotary cutters listed on Landpride are recommended for L series or larger tractors.

The LX3310 meets all of my needs except I would like to be able to run at least a 60” medium duty cutter. I just don’t want to buy a tractor that isn’t much more capable than my current BX.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I'm not much help with the cutter, but the LX3310 and L3301 will be remarkedly different due to frame size and weight... L series is larger and heavier.

While the specs are similar, the larger size/weight should allow the L3301 to more effectively put it's capabilities to work. Downside is the L is a base model, while the LX has some creature comforts.

Often hear it with folks comparing the B2560/LX2610 and the L2501 for same reasons.

FarmerJohn

Equipment
LX2610SUHSD
Jan 25, 2021
NC
My LX2610SU has no qualms liifting my 500lb 5’ Bush Hog rotary cutter. I don’t know how much more it could lift, but definitely some.

Reactions: 1 user

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I can't imagine that a 500 lbs rotary would be a problem at all for the 3 pt hitch. Specs say approx 2100 lbs at lift point and 1700 lbs 24" behind lift point.

Your current BX could lift it (with ballasted load in the loader).

If 500 lbs were a problem, non of us would have these tractors.

Carry on.

edit: just checked the weight of my flail mower. Specs say 540 lbs. I don't even feel it behind the tractor and I always leave the loader off when I mow with it. Granted, it doesn't stick out nearly as far back as a rotary mower, but you're fine.

Reactions: 1 user

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
I have a 5 ft rotary cutter (see signature), and it is no problem at all. My dealer did ask if I planned to mow without the FEL, and I said it would always be on. You might want to add some weights if you plan to mow without the FEL. The extra weight up front adds to the balance and stability of the tractor. It is not a lift capacity issue.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Why not the L though? Similar price, more tractor? Unless there's a feature of the LX that you need (such as lower weight or a cab).

GLG

Equipment
BX-25D
May 24, 2021
SW Michigan
Why not the L though? Similar price, more tractor? Unless there's a feature of the LX that you need (such as lower weight or a cab).
The reduced weight is desirable for me, and I think I would appreciate the quick detach hydraulic manifold feature and the lever style release on the arms of the LX loader. I don’t believe these are available on be L series, but I’m not sure as my local dealer doesn’t have any L’s on the lot currently.

imnukensc

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 10, 2015
Midlands of SC
Mt BX2380 has no trouble lifting a 700 pound core aerator. An LX3310 won't have any trouble lifting a 500 pound bush hog.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I agree on the hydraulic manifold and lever style release - I'd have liked them on my B, but not available in NZ. Just be aware that that manifold has a lot of reports of leaking (I'd have got it anyway, I dislike detaching my pioneer couplers, and I take my loader off a lot).

I also hear where you're coming from with reduced weight - I'm very much in the camp of "I can add weight but I can't take it away", so I would also lean towards the LX.

On the converse
  • I don't really like the digital instrument cluster .
  • you are concerned about raw capability on lifting stuff and driving implements, and the L is definitely more capable in that sense
  • you do get used to the pioneer couplers, and they do work fine. And the pin through loader attachment I think is more robust than the lever/clip on with the newer loaders. I figure that a solid steel pin through a solid steel housing is unlikely to come off. A clip could come loose if it loses tension, and then it will wear and chew out
  • I suspect for some jobs more tractor is just more tractor. And as everyone around here says, nobody ever complained about more tractor

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
The reduced weight is desirable for me, and I think I would appreciate the quick detach hydraulic manifold feature and the lever style release on the arms of the LX loader. I don’t believe these are available on be L series, but I’m not sure as my local dealer doesn’t have any L’s on the lot currently.
I'd take a hard pass on the single lever manifold. But, do get the SSQA loader on either the LX or the L.