Question about L225 spring fitment position?

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
Hi all, i am in the final stages of my L225 rebuild and all is progressing nicely, except for one item, 1 spring doesnt appear to have a connection at both ends, and to be honest i dont recall it being connected when i aquired the tractor.
Anyway, i have been through the workshop manual and all specs i can find and nothing seems to come to light.
I have attached 2 pics of the spring in question, one end is attached to a plate to the inner edge of the fuel filter, the other end is just floating around in the fresh air.
If anyone can clear up this mystery i would be very gratefull, i suspect its part of the stop engine rod assembly , but cant see anyway of connecting the spring to the rod, possibly another part missing.

any input greatly recieved.
rob

Attachments

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I can try to get out an look around on my L185 this weekend and get back to you. It has a very similar system.

I looked at the parts manual for the L225 and did not see anything.

I think it is probably for the stop lever or the parking brake ratchet that are both in that general area.

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Rob,

I was not able to remember to look at this (old timer's disease I guess) even though I was messing around with some stuff on my tractor this weekend.

Sorry, I will try to look next weekend when I am around the tractor again.

Russell

Battered Sav

Equipment
L2000DT (L225DT) Tiller, Slasher, Finishing mower, Ripper, grader/ripper, PHD.
Oct 1, 2012
Melbourne Australia
I also think it is the spring for the engine stop rod, as you have mentioned.

Page 77 of the manual shows what I think is the spring in question mounted through a hole in the stop rod.

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Rob,

There is no spring like that on my L185 in that area. There is not a spring on the stop lever in that area at all.

The closest thing on my tractor is the spring that holds the bonnet down. On mine it is a much heavier spring that attaches to a hook that then fits into a hole in the hood.

Pictures of the same area, the parking brake ratchet, and the stop lever area
IMG_0464[1].jpg

IMG_0465[1].jpg

IMG_0466[1].jpg