Pulled the trigger

cmorris1

Equipment
L3901 HST
Nov 30, 2014
Louisville/Hart Co.
Well Ive gone and done it, pulled the trigger on a L3901, FEL, cutter, tiller, box and wait for it......... bitchn grapple!!!!

Now if that werent enough - I found a F350 crew, short bed with 30K miles black on black to tow this bitchin thing to the farm!

I got tired of throwing farm stuff in my Denali so the "farm truck" is a welcome addition. I think i have gone and lost my mind but I cant wait to pick it up and take it to the farm and play. I am having the tires filled and planning some LED bar lights thanks to so many on here!

I cant wait to use that 3rd function grapple I have so many trees down from the ice storm of '06. Now if i can just stop from loading a backhoe on there i might just stay married!
You all have been a terrible influence, thanks alot.
chris

BravoXray

Equipment
BX-25D, Ford 9N, Bobcat 825. Too many implements to list
Feb 6, 2014
Lake Winola,PA.
Congratulations! Having the right tools for the job makes all the difference in the world.

Jerry

Mbarrette

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota U55, Kubota SVL75, Kubota B3030, Kubota L6060, Kubota ZG21, Kubota L4760
Mar 8, 2015
Creston, BC, Canada
Don't worry, the wife will eventually forgive you. Just remember not to mention your a member of OTT.

Congrats and have fun***128515;

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Now if i can just stop from loading a backhoe on there i might just stay married!
chris
My wife asked why we didn't get the backhoe when she saw a L3901 with one at the dealer when we went to pick up the right grab handle. She said that would be nice to have to clean out the ditch along the driveway. When I told her it was another $5,000, she said we didn't really need one.

Hope you enjoy your L3901 as much as I have so far. Got it in Dec and have 32 hours on it already.

cmorris1

Equipment
L3901 HST
Nov 30, 2014
Louisville/Hart Co.
My wife asked why we didn't get the backhoe when she saw a L3901 with one at the dealer when we went to pick up the right grab handle. She said that would be nice to have to clean out the ditch along the driveway. When I told her it was another $5,000, she said we didn't really need one.

Hope you enjoy your L3901 as much as I have so far. Got it in Dec and have 32 hours on it already.

I asked my dealer to quote me a backhoe today and he came back with 7k, i told him to stick it and i would rent one for 120 a day from another dealer! I guess that decision is made!
c

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Chris,

Let her drive it.

Sure worked for me!

:)

philztoy

Equipment
L3830, IH695, Deere 4720Cab 3720Cab 4320 4200 450C 790, R Z and Jetstar Molines
Dec 1, 2014
Michigan
Bite the Bullet... GET THE HOE!

A backhoe sounds like so much money-- it sounds ridiculous. I bought a new tractor in 1999, swallowed hard and had the dealer add a backhoe. At the time it was huge money (not to name any names but it might have been a green tractor) and I thought it was a ridiculous purchase at the time. But the backhoe attachment was so unbelieveably useful over the years!

It will hurt... but you won't regret it. it does trenches for electrical and drainage, planting and removal of bushes and trees, moving rocks, it is a great articulating boom for loading things onto the truck, landscaping, ponds pools, boat wells and most importantly--if you need to sell it to the wife--- you can build her an awesome water feature or Koi pond with the backhoe SAVING thousands of dollars and providing years of beauty and enjoyment.

Either way it sounds like a great tractor.

cmorris1

Equipment
L3901 HST
Nov 30, 2014
Louisville/Hart Co.
Love it thanks for the ideas, I am hemoraging $ right now building he house, buying a truck and the tractor, I think I will wait on the hoe for now, but sure would love to have one!!

7635tools

Mar 21, 2015
SE Wisconsin
I have a l4740 gst and considered buying a backhoe attachment but after using one on a friends tractor I found that the mini x is way faster. If you shop around you can find a decent used mini for just a little more than a hoe attachment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk