Pulled the trigger on a B2301

desotodino

Equipment
L3830
Nov 29, 2013
Oconomowoc, WI
Financing approved yesterday (84 months!) and order has been placed for a B2301 with loader and R4 tires. I've read many posts questioning why one wouldn't spend the extra $1K for the slightly larger and slightly more powerful B2601 and I wrestled with that decision as well. In the end though, I have a small 1 acre wooded lot and really wanted the size of a BX with the loader capacity of the B01 series and so the B2301 seemed like the best option for me. Also placed order for the Heavy Hitch as I like the flexibility of adjustable ballast weight. So, current delivery date is scheduled for April though the salesman told me that more often that not those dates improve over time. So Merry Christmas to all and thanks for sharing your experiences and wisdom!

Reactions: 2 users

Glassman13

Jan 26, 2017
Amherst Ohio
Congrats on 2301, I also have the 2301 TLB. The decision of the 23 over the 26 came down to the flow of fluids. Both have the same flow ratings from the pump so I used the extra $ towards the back hoe. Really like this machine.

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Congrats on ordering a new tractor and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have some time to plan for attachments. Wow delivery dates are pushing out.

Docpraise

Equipment
B2601, MMM, FEL, PF, BB, RTV 500
Nov 21, 2020
Eastern Kentucky
Financing approved yesterday (84 months!) and order has been placed for a B2301 with loader and R4 tires. I've read many posts questioning why one wouldn't spend the extra $1K for the slightly larger and slightly more powerful B2601 and I wrestled with that decision as well. In the end though, I have a small 1 acre wooded lot and really wanted the size of a BX with the loader capacity of the B01 series and so the B2301 seemed like the best option for me. Also placed order for the Heavy Hitch as I like the flexibility of adjustable ballast weight. So, current delivery date is scheduled for April though the salesman told me that more often that not those dates improve over time. So Merry Christmas to all and thanks for sharing your experiences and wisdom!
Congratulations on your new tractor. I am just getting used to my B2601 and I am sure you will have as much fun as I am having on the steep portion of the learning curve. My delivery time dropped considerably from the initial date when I got my tractor last month.