Pulled The Trigger - L3200 HST With FEL and Landpride Cutter

mopac01

Aug 21, 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
:cool: I've pulled the trigger on a brand new Kubota L3200 HST with the FEL and a Landpride RFC2060 brush cutter with the flat top and optional chains for guarding against kickouts. I wanted to get one while I could still find one. They've stopped manufacturing them as they switch to tier 4 emissions. I didn't want to be part of that switchover and price increase. I had all 3 rear remotes added and the 3pt stabilizer. I had the rear tires filled with Rim Guard so I'll have another 1,200 lbs of weight. I bought an 18' trailer to haul it with double axle (3,500lbs each). I need to take the old F-150 up to get the electric brake controller added since my current boat trailer has surge brakes. I'm so happy to be saying farewell to my current Ford 2N and brush cutter. I never knew if I'd get to spend time using it or trying to get it to run.

I still need to decide on a tiller. It's down to the Landpride reverse tiller RTR1550 or RTR1558. The 3200's manual lists tiller width at 54" max but the dealer said he puts 66" tillers on these Ls to cover both tires. Since I only need to maintain a small horse arena and a 25'x25' garden I think the 50" would be sufficient if I offset it to cover 1 tire. I don't really see the advantage of the 66" except in time - which would be minimal in my application to begin with.

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
Congradulations on your new toy - ahhummm I mean new greatly needed work tool.:D I agree with you, the smaller tiller should be more than adequate for your needs. Leaves more money for other things.

mopac01

Aug 21, 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
I've had the tractor for 2 weeks now.

It took me awhile to get back to this, but things have been quite busy. I've yet to really do any work with the tractor and it's been here 2 weeks now. It's taken me some time to go over everything and get comfortable with it and all the new attachments (FEL, Landpride Cutter and Landpride Tiller). The L3200 has HST, cruise, all 3 rear remotes (spring back, detent and float) stabilizer bars for the 3pt and a bucket position indicator. I had a great experience with the dealer.

My L3200 does have the jerky 3pt hitch. I'm working with the dealer on it and I forwarded a rather in depth post http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3568 that discusses the issue. The dealer is looking into the flow control valve option. I'm confident he'll take care of me.