Pull Behind Sprayer

KennysNewFarm

Equipment
MX5800
Dec 28, 2017
Missouri
I read all the previous threads online about sprayers. Didn't see a whole lot about trailer sprayers. I was looking for one to pull behind my ATV. I would prefer this opposed to one sitting on the rack. Closer to the ground the better as I live on top of a massive hill and the wind doesn't ever stop blowing. Any one have any good luck with a particular brand. I don't want to hold wand all the time so I was looking at a boom style maybe 25-30 gallon. I have about 3 acres around the home with a lot of landscaping and plants. Just curious on your all's opinion. Thank you:D

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I read all the previous threads online about sprayers. Didn't see a whole lot about trailer sprayers. I was looking for one to pull behind my ATV. I would prefer this opposed to one sitting on the rack. Closer to the ground the better as I live on top of a massive hill and the wind doesn't ever stop blowing. Any one have any good luck with a particular brand. I don't want to hold wand all the time so I was looking at a boom style maybe 25-30 gallon. I have about 3 acres around the home with a lot of landscaping and plants. Just curious on your all's opinion. Thank you:D
I altered my original trailer sprayer to one mounted on a no longer used garden tractor. The cutting deck is removed and its only job is carrying the chemical tank.

The trailer was always a nuisance as invariably you needed to back up.

Dave

Hook

Equipment
L3240 with LA514 FEL, Box Blade, Howard Rotovator, All Purpose Plow, Sub Soiler
Jul 6, 2010
Jackson, Georgia
I just purchased a 45 gallon sprayer to go in the bed of my Kubota 900 RTV. I know you are looking for a pull behind sprayer and I have a small one of those (15 gal.) that I pull behind my lawn mower and use on the yard. I opted for the RTV sprayer as it is smaller and I hope easier to store when not in use. It has a boom that can be mounted fairly close to the ground to accommodate the nozzle sprayer. The sprayer can be used with the RTV tailgate in the up or down position. I also considered the 3 point hitch version but liked the idea of being in the RTV cab and out of the sun while spraying.

KennysNewFarm

Equipment
MX5800
Dec 28, 2017
Missouri
Thank you both for replies, Hook what brand is the one you purchased for the UTV? I could always make a support bracket to mount into my receiver on the four wheeler.

Kingcreek

Equipment
Grand L3010 GST 4wd, LA481FEL, various attachments and accessories
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
I had a pull behind sprayer for the Atv but I also converted it to a rack mount with boom sprayer be cause it was a pain when I had to back up or maneuver in tight spaces in the orchard or around buildings. My tow tank also didn't have much ground clearance and would often snag on taller weeds.

Ramos

Equipment
1870-1, LA203A, RCK54
Feb 25, 2016
Sherman County, Oregon
No matter how you mount it, your boom height should be the same. That height is pre-determined for proper overlap of the nozzle pattern.

wardsfarmnj

Equipment
2016 L3901 FEL 2004 BX1500 FEL 71" Tiller 37" Tiller 71" Finish Mower Flail Mow
Jul 8, 2015
Mannington Twp. NJ
I literally just bought this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Y0SUC5Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hasn't been delivered but did some research has decent reviews pretty much where ever its sold. I have wanted to get something to spray quickly but could be versatile. I will probably pull this with my BX1500 as I don't have a atv/utv and it will be too small behind the 3901. Either way I did some research, there is a smaller tanked one as well I think 25 gallon.

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
Place I worked had a sprayer that fitted onto a cushman mini truck. I modified a windfoil boom to tow behind so that I could spray in wind. Thing worked up to Force 7 and higher winds with zero drift.

http://www.rogerssprayers.com/image/cache/catalog/WG6/WG6-1-1024x768.jpg

Something like what is in the link (if it works). I just extended the pivot on the front wheel and made a simple hitch to see if it would work. It did and I never got around to changing the hitch and it is still working after quite a few years

KennysNewFarm

Equipment
MX5800
Dec 28, 2017
Missouri
That's pretty sweet, might have to implement the idea! I have lived here for 6 months and the wind has stopped about three times literally. But the view is gorgeous!

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
That's pretty sweet, might have to implement the idea! I have lived here for 6 months and the wind has stopped about three times literally. But the view is gorgeous!
I'm on an island off the west coast of Ireland so I know a bit about wind too :D

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
Here’s my setup and it works pretty well. Harbor Freight cargo carrier, Fimco 25 gallon sprayer with boom. I can adjust height of 3pt for an even spray pattern as I test it on concrete first. Usaully 2 batches works for my 3 1/4 acres. Pretty windy but I can usaully find a calm day to spray. Know after a couple years, I dont use it much as I got everything under control and can spot spray as needed with a pump sprayer. Dad gave me the sprayer so my investment was just the carrier.

2B39F6D2-EE99-45C9-8373-88654920F02A.jpg