PTO Selection Lever Stuck BX1870

ChuchVT

Dec 29, 2016
Johnson
The PTO selection is stuck in the rear PTO position. I put on the mowing deck yesterday and when I went to move the lever into the mid mount position it wouldn't move.

I tried engaging and disengaging the PTO several times but it won't budge. Any help would be appreciated.

Oldmansbike

Equipment
BX2370
May 26, 2016
Wever,Iowa
I had the same problem last week with my BX 2370 couldn't move the pto lever out of the rear position. I tried the same things you did and it wouldn't move. I increased the Rpm of the engine just a little off idle and it popped right out.

ChuchVT

Dec 29, 2016
Johnson
I'll give that a try. I think I did try different throttle positions but I don't remember.

I had the same problem last week with my BX 2370 couldn't move the pto lever out of the rear position. I tried the same things you did and it wouldn't move. I increased the Rpm of the engine just a little off idle and it popped right out.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Do the control levers control cables? If so, there may be a gunk buildup where the cables tie to the transmission causing the issue. :)

tinkerwitheverything

Equipment
bx2370-1
Jun 3, 2015
Manitoba
I have a BX 2370-1 and when I can't get the lever to shift I do this. Important to remember shut off the tractor. Now with the tractor shut off reach underneath and turn the mid PTO shaft or the back PTO shaft and jiggle it back and forth and try moving the shift lever at the same time. The above works for me everytime. Just always shut the tractor off before grabbing onto any shaft.

ChuchVT

Dec 29, 2016
Johnson
I have a BX 2370-1 and when I can't get the lever to shift I do this. Important to remember shut off the tractor. Now with the tractor shut off reach underneath and turn the mid PTO shaft or the back PTO shaft and jiggle it back and forth and try moving the shift lever at the same time. The above works for me everytime. Just always shut the tractor off before grabbing onto any shaft.
I'll do that today!

Sent from my Fusion5_108 (16GB) using Tapatalk

Manvito

Equipment
Kubota B2601
Apr 27, 2016
New York
I had the same problem with my B2601 and what you said is what I did. Nothing else would work but moving the shaft by hand did the trick.