PTO Link Quick Connect System

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
My PTO shaft already has a good quick connector for splined shafts that "disconnects in seconds", I see no benefits of adding a questionable $320 second coupler in between and cutting my PTO shafts to fit.

Reactions: 5 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I believe Tony's Tractor Adventure has a video or two about PTO connector.

Reactions: 2 users

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
So in reality you are extending the PTO shaft from the tractor to defeat the tractor PTO safety shield.

Why not simply cut off the safety shield? Same effect at the end of the day and will save you $320. Put the money saved towards your epitaph.

BTW my tractors all have flip up PTO safety shields so access isn't as much of an issue as the one in the video.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
What I have found to help is WD40 Dry Lube. I spray the PTO Shaft and the connector. It has helped prevent rust and keeps everything moving and doesn't seem to attract the dirt compared to grease.

In addition I seen the video of using paint pin to mark your spindle spots, so it makes it easier to see to align them up.

Just a few things I have found helpful.

Reactions: 1 user

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
My Dad (85 with major back issues and balance issues) could not get the PTO shaft off and on by himself. I got him one of these, and rigged a tie down so it would wrap over the top link at exactly the right height to align the pto link pieces.

For me it is faster to just use a well lubricated standard PTO connector. For him it isnt.

I got him a QH15 quick hitch and the PTO link and he can do it himself no problem. He only has a rotary cutter for PTO on that machine right now anyway. He does take it on and off every week or so though. For him the combination has been huge.

With the PTO link, you do still need to be able to spin the PTO shaft (out of tractor or implement) a bit to lock it in place. So its not like you can just smash them together.

My advice: if you really have a reason to get one and understand they arent going to save you a ton of time by themselves get it. If you think this thing is going to make it effortless and cut the time to 3 sec you are wrong. Lube your existing PTO shafts and use them.

Reactions: 3 users

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Reminds me of the fishing lure that catches more fishermen than it does fish 🤪

milanmark

Equipment
B2601, Bucket, Grapple, Brush hog, stump bucket is ordered!
Jul 7, 2021
Milan, MI
Thanks for the replies and advice. In their video it went on easier than coming off!
also noticed as mentioned it defeated the safety shield! We’ll keep trying for now!

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
curious, so I followed the link....
hmm, extends 4.5", so...
you should ADD 4.5" to your safety shield... (may not be possible ??)
also, you may need to cut 4.5" off your PTO shafts....(that's a 'geometry' thing..)
also, need to buy extra part if you have a BX series tractor (ka-ching..$$$.)
also, you'll need 1 for EVERY PTO shaft, or spend extra time getting it on/off...

reality is spray brake cleaner on the PTO splines and shaft,then light spray of THIN oil( Red rustcheck), stuff mates real good then..
I've found attaching right lower link, then top link ,THEN PTO, then left lower link works very well for me. All depends on tractor, implement and agility.....

Reactions: 1 user

milanmark

Equipment
B2601, Bucket, Grapple, Brush hog, stump bucket is ordered!
Jul 7, 2021
Milan, MI
Ok so needed to use my brush hog... tried the PTO first and hit the wall right off the bat, biggest problem is hard to handle and align the splines and hold the weight of the shaft... bad right shoulder didnt help the cause! Tried for 15 mnutes or so and quit. Today went back with my PTO Link and both part installed on the tractor and shaft no issue then they went together easily! Taking apart actually harder but still not a big deal. Anyways this is what I was looking for! Biggest reason it works is easier to align the two discs rather than the splines. Anyways I'm 71 things ain't like they used to be and this solves my issue, thanks for listeneing!