PTO lever not selecting

Surfishant

Equipment
Kubota L1 - 235DT
Apr 5, 2021
Australia
I have recently purchased a L1-235DT and the PTO was not working. The PTO selector lever below the steering is a "H" type selection with 1&2 up down on the left and 3 & 4 up down on the right. with neutral in the middle. The selector moves from side to side in the middle of the H but does not move up or down on either side. I have split the tractor to repair and have noticed the following.
1/ The two selector shafts are not moving in or out of the gear box. 2/ I removed the cover on the gearbox and inserted a camera and noticed that there is a selector plate that is controlled from the side of the gearbox. 3/ This bolt on the side of the gearbox housing there was a metal hose clamp with a couple of O rings to stop transmission fluid from leaking?? It appears that there was a leaver mounted on this bolt ?? to enable the PTO selectors ??

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
It sounds like some after market reengineering went on. Try to score a parts manual with breakdown of how it was originally put together and go from there.

Surfishant

Equipment
Kubota L1 - 235DT
Apr 5, 2021
Australia
I have downloaded 6 manuals so far but non of them have this H type selector. The frustration with these online manuals is that they don't show you to much when purchasing the manual online. Everything else is similar bit not the PTO ?
The model is L1-235DT if anyone has a manual or knows of the exact manual online or a hard copy would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone