Projects you shouldn't start (and know better)

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Thinking back over my lifetime, I at some point early decided i would help friends and neighbors, but NEVER accept a payment for my help. I guess I could never have become a businessman. Just my way.

I did help the neighbor once for a few hours with my tractor, and declined an offer of payment. He later dropped off a case of beer. That worked for me, but I did not expect it.

This was a guy that told me when we were looking at the property we bought, that "he did not believe in visiting" He told me that maybe six time in a short conversation.

In forty plus years my wife never met him. No problems here. We respect others. But I used to see him and talk a bit twice a year, once in the spring, before the leaves came in, and once in the fall. AND his house is less than 200 feet from ours!

Do not even remember how it came about that I used my tractor to help him out.

I have helped other neighbors over the years too. But not often. Maybe they understand that my help will be free and that holds them back.

No question why I am not a millionaire. Just do not have the knack for taking money from others, even if it is justified...

In the end, I am satisfied with my life though... :)

Reactions: 1 user

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Thinking back over my lifetime, I at some point early decided i would help friends and neighbors, but NEVER accept a payment for my help. I guess I could never have become a businessman. Just my way.

I did help the neighbor once for a few hours with my tractor, and declined an offer of payment. He later dropped off a case of beer. That worked for me, but I did not expect it.

This was a guy that told me when we were looking at the property we bought, that "he did not believe in visiting" He told me that maybe six time in a short conversation.

In forty plus years my wife never met him. No problems here. We respect others. But I used to see him and talk a bit twice a year, once in the spring, before the leaves came in, and once in the fall. AND his house is less than 200 feet from ours!

Do not even remember how it came about that I used my tractor to help him out.

I have helped other neighbors over the years too. But not often. Maybe they understand that my help will be free and that holds them back.

No question why I am not a millionaire. Just do not have the knack for taking money from others, even if it is justified...

In the end, I am satisfied with my life though... :)
I usually tell people my insurance isn’t set up for commercial use so I’m glad to help but can’t take money, which is actually true. If they really want to cover fuel cost maybe that’s OK but nothing past that.

SAR Tracker

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, FEL, LX2963 Snowblower, BH77 Backhoe, forks
Nov 17, 2020
Central Oregon
I usually tell people my insurance isn’t set up for commercial use so I’m glad to help but can’t take money, which is actually true. If they really want to cover fuel cost maybe that’s OK but nothing past that.
I usually work for Diet Coke.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users