Prime grapple at TSC any good?

Bmarty

Equipment
MX6000
Apr 12, 2021
Texas
Looking at the grapple for an MX6000, what would be an appropriate size to go with and since there are no reviews yet. Anyone have any experience with these? I am new, about to buy the MX as first tractor, and looking for a good grapple. TSC seems easy as if there are problems its only 15 minutes away from me.

100AkerWood

Equipment
2021 Kubota MX5400 1973 Kubota B6000 1979 MF245 J-Bar Grapple, Rake & Blade
Mar 2, 2021
Lee County AL
I recently purchased a MX5400 and bought a JBar Grapple. 66" two piston.

I didn't do much research as that is what the dealer carried....After a few modifications of replacing the pin knuckle pins with heavier duty pins and covering the hoses with wire wrap and nylon covering, I am satisfied with the Jbar grapple.

It is heavier duty than the EA and Titan models.

It is very similar to the Titan model, with the exception that the hose are routed to the back side of the grapple face and the root bars are heavier duty.

Looking at the EX Clam models, even though they have two-pistons, I like the jbar open design better with two separate grapple arms rather than a clam grapple.

I think weight is big consideration for the grapple. 400-600 pounds is a sufficient weight on the front end for you to be able to lift logs, rocks. and limbs. You can get too much weight on the FEL that you reduce what you are able to lift and then have to add more ballast to the rear of the tractor.

The TSC 68" grapple look great, the added weight to the front grab arms is the metal plate welded between the forks. This model looks great but is about a $800-$1000 more than models I have seen. If cost is not a factor and it is local and available, go for it.....

You will find you are able to do a lot more with your grapple than you intended....

I have been working with my rotary cutter as ballast but have a Titan ballast box being delivered today. I found that working with it that the rotary cutter restricts your maneuverability.