Pricing New B3200

CrossTieWalker

Jul 5, 2013
illinois
Hello,I'm new to this forum and I am in the market for a new b3200,I am in the process of buying another house on 5acres and also do alot of wood cutting.I live in Illinois and was wondering if anyone has did business with Selby implement,Stoller international or Anchor lumber while purchasing a Kubota.I am wanting the 3200 to have the 60'' bucket,mmm and maybe a ballast box.Im still waiting to close on the house so i have a little time but not much.I called selby today and am waiting for a price.......................thanks in advance

gerald pitts

Equipment
B 3200
Aug 2, 2011
emmett, idaho
I bought a B3200 last year and got the rear discharge 60" three point grooming mower instead of the MMM. I have a lot of trees and landscaping that would have made it difficult with a mmm. The rear mount grooming mower is much easier to install and remove and clean after use and you can back it into hard to reach places around landscaping and trees that a mmm just can't do. I bought my B3200 HST 4x4 with FEL, 60" grooming mower, 60"brush hog, rear ballast box and a second set of wheels and tires (I use turf and industrial tread tires at different times of the year) for $24k. The B3200 is a great machine....you'll like it!

CrossTieWalker

Jul 5, 2013
illinois
Thank you for the reply.Selby got back with me and for the b3200 with 60'' bucket,mmm(60''),ballast box and snow blade(60'') it was around 25k.I got to check a couple of other places and get there quotes.

ffmedic

Equipment
2012 B3200
Feb 18, 2013
Richmond, MO
One thing I can advise you...is to go with the best dealer, not necessarily the cheapest. I purchased a B3200 last winter, after several large snows, with a 650' driveway, and I had no way to plow it. Due to the frequency of the storms, the cheapest dealer around me (1 of 4) told me he would have to FEL and blade in 4-7 days. 2 months later, I told him to forget it, paid the extra $500 or so, but had the tractor the NEXT day. FWIW, I paid $24k for B3200, FEL, 72" MMM, 5' blade, Kubota insurance, and ballast in the rear tires of beet juice.

parkgt

Equipment
8200d, B3200
Aug 26, 2012
West AR
I think you can do better; bought a new B3200 with the heavier bucket on the LA504 loader for just over $18K in western AR. Can't imagine a snow blade costs over 6K.

Keep bargaining if you have other good dealers to shop

NightBandit

Jul 8, 2013
Rural Minneapolis
Just today I got a quote from my local dealer in SW Minneapolis for a B3200.

For the B3200 (with loader valve), the LA504 loader package, an after market QuickTach loader conversion that my dealer will install (the LA504 doesn't have a Kubota QuickTach option), the 60" QuickTach bucket from the B2650 tractor, a 60" mid-mount mower, a ballast box and the 64" rear snow thrower it all came to $22,941.93. Using the $1,000 cash rebate over the 0% for 60 months, I'll be walking out the door with it for just under $22,000.

I wanted to get out the door for around $20,000, but the aftermarket QuickTach system and dealer freight and set-up charges put me over. Still seems like a fair price though. I'm waiting for a quote from another nearby dealer, but I think that I'll be ordering this tomorrow.

NightBandit

parkgt

Equipment
8200d, B3200
Aug 26, 2012
West AR
(the LA504 doesn't have a Kubota QuickTach option)

I am using a Kubota Quick Coupler on my LA504. It is listed on the Kubota website. Under $300 installed by my dealer.

NightBandit

Jul 8, 2013
Rural Minneapolis
parkgt,

You're right, the B3200 does have a Quick Coupler option ($285), but it's still a pin on bucket system and this option means that you now only have two pins to remove rather than the standard four pins. This IS a slight time saver, but it still doesn't allow you to remove the bucket by only needing to turn two handles 90 degrees nor does it allow you to use other skid loader front attachments (such as the pallet forks I need to move and stack bales of hay). Plus (lucky me), my neighbor owns a excavation business which now gives me a nearly endless number of options I can borrow to put on the front of my loader.

After getting a second quote from another near-by dealer ($3,000 more), I went in this morning and pulled the pin. I am now a proud owner of brand spanking new B3200 (though I still need to wait another week while the dealer gets in all the options I ordered with it). I ended up passing on the ballast box since I figure that I can use my rear snow thrower as ballast if I need it, so I walked out the door for only $21,764. Now for the agony of waiting through the longest week of my life.

NightBandit

Last edited:

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
Kubota does have a skid steer quick attach for the 504. They offer it on the cab tractors. There's a thread about it either on mtf of tbn. Sorry I don't remember exactly which forum.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

Last edited:

NightBandit

Jul 8, 2013
Rural Minneapolis
bandaidmd,

They do offer the skid steer quick attach on the new cab tractors (the B2650 and B3350), but these new tractors come with the new LA534 loader (NOT the LA504). Believe me, I tried every which way to get either of the two dealers I dealt with to put the LA534 (higher weight capacity plus the skid steer quick attach option) on the B3200 for me. No go.

What I really wanted was the B2650 without the cab, but that's not an option either. So the only option for me to get the skid steer quick attach option on the LA504 (according to the two dealers I talked to) was aftermarket (which they had no problem doing for me).

And yes, I could have just bought the pallet forks that Kubota offers for the LA504 loader, but these are pin attached also, plus they would have set me back $1000 vs $700 for the aftermarket skid steer quick attach system (and my ability to borrow my neighbor's pallet forks for free).

Different options will work for different people. One route is not better than another, this is just the route that worked best for me.

Sorry if I've pulled this thread slightly off topic,

NightBandit

parkgt

Equipment
8200d, B3200
Aug 26, 2012
West AR
"but it still doesn't allow you to remove the bucket by only needing to turn two handles 90 degrees nor does it allow you to use other skid loader front attachments (such as the pallet forks"

One concern with skid steer systems on a loader this size is what remaining lifting capacity do you have after the Q/A is added?

The Kubota Q/C and Kubota forks will leave you with more remaining capacity than any skid steer option I have heard of. Most skid steers have way more lifting ability than a B3200 so they seldom worry about shaving pounds of the metal to leave the capacity for actual lifting of the load.

Quicker change and an large array of attachments that are too heavy is not of much benefit!

NightBandit

Jul 8, 2013
Rural Minneapolis
parkgt,

Once again, you are correct.

The aftermarket Q/A system is not the perfect solution (if there even is such a thing), but it is the best solution FOR ME.

Yes, the Q/A system weighs an extra 30 lbs. Yes, it pushes my load 3 1/2" further out from the pivot pin (further reducing capacity). Yes a skid steer pallet fork probably weighs more than the Kubota pallet fork (I don't have the exact numbers, but the 36" skid steer pallet fork (with frame) weighs in at 105 lbs . . . the Kubota 36" pallet fork (with frame) can't be too far behind).

So yes, my option reduces my total lift capacity, but as long as I'm able to lift and stack my large squares of hay, I don't care if my lift capacity is only 980 lbs rather than 1065 lbs. But that's just me. Everyone has different requirements for what they're planning on using their tractor for.

95% of what I'll be using my tractor for, I'll be using my Kubota bucket, not an overweight skid steer bucket. For me, I just want options in case I run into a project that requires something a little different on the front and this allows me to borrow an attachment rather than having to go out and buy the attachment.

That's the beauty of these tractors. Everyone can customize them (to a certain extent) to meet their own needs.

NightBandit

bandaidmd

Equipment
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
I think the thread I referred to mentioned they the measurents on the 2 loaders are the same. The picture I posted was from the person that put a Kubota quick attach on his tractor , his was not the same model loader but he states of was a direct fit. I will try and find the thread for you.

parkgt

Equipment
8200d, B3200
Aug 26, 2012
West AR
NightBandit,

Sounds like you are going in with eyes wide open. I was just trying to point out factors some overlook and then regret; some of that skid steer stuff is tough but very heavy.

You are making informed decisions and it sound like you will get what you want and need. That's all that matters in the end.

Best wishes on the fun times to come,

Greg

NightBandit

Jul 8, 2013
Rural Minneapolis
bandaidmd,

Thanks for the link. Very informative.

I think I need to call my dealer tomorrow and change my order configuration slightly. It looks like I CAN use the SSQA from the LA534 on my LA504 (just goes to show you that the dealers don't always know everything). That would save me in the neighborhood of $300 compared to the aftermarket version he was ordering for me.

But more importantly . . .

Like parkgt pointed out, weight is an issue. The pictures of the Kubota SSQA do look huge (I think that Jim said they weighed around 75 lbs.). My dealer said that the aftermarket (Attach-All) SSQA weighed in around 30 lbs. (and the pictures do make it look much lighter), but this got me thinking that there was quite a difference between 30 lbs. and 75 lbs. So I just called Attach-All to see if they could give me the weight of their SSQA for the LA504. And they could.

Their SSQA for the LA504 weighs in at a hefty 200 lbs. :eek:

That's WAY too much!

Time to call my dealer tomorrow, fix my mistake, save 125 lbs. and $300 (while staying all Kubota).

Thank you bandaidmd and parkgt saving me from making a BIG mistake (just goes to show you that no matter how much research you do and how much you think you might know, there is always more to learn).

NightBandit

NightBandit

Jul 8, 2013
Rural Minneapolis
bandaidmd,

From what I can tell, the SSQA I'm getting is actually made by ATI. But it is re-branded and re-sold my many vendors (Erskine, Quick-Attach, etc.). Kind of confusing.

The link you provided doesn't show an option for the LS504, but this link (from Quick-Attach) does (see Model number KU17):

http://quick-attach.com/attachments-catalog/attach-all-front-end-loader-converter.pdf

Or here it is from Erskine as well:

http://www.erskineattachments.com/attachments/frontend-loader-converter/100-196-000/

I don't know if this is the actual picture of the LA504 SSQA (it may just be a generic picture they use, and because it's green, I suspect this one is for a John Deere application), but it's all I have for you.

Hope this helps,

NightBandit

bandaidmd

Equipment
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
Once you get it please post some pics. I worked on mine a little bit today hopefully will be done soon if I get in some shop time this weekend.