Power beyond plumbing or ??

brokersdad

Equipment
2001 Kubota L3010 w FEL
Oct 24, 2009
Canada
Hi all,
A while back I bought a backhoe attachment and went to the dealer and got them to hook a hydraulic coupler up so I could run the backhoe. At the time I told them I didn't feel I wanted a hydraulic valve put in so they just went to the loader and hooked power beyond they said. I have just purchased a Pronovost hydraulic dump trailer and the guy I bought it from had hoses made up so he could just unhook his bucket on his FEL, and he used the tip up/down outlets on the loader valve for the dump trailer to raise and lower. If I load the dump trailer heaping full, the hydraulics will not start the lift on the trailer and I have to take some ground off or drag it to the rear of the trailer to lighten the front up so the cylinder will raise. I called my dealer to ask if my hydraulic pump just doesn't have the power to lift it or ??. They asked how I had it plumbed and when I told them how I was using it they said there's my problem, the loader valve isn't designed to be used for that and wont supply the proper pressure to the trailer to lift. If I plumb the tractor differently he said it will have plenty of power to lift the full load. I'm looking for info on where to hook to it underneath and some description of how. Could anyone help me out, or is this something I should stay away from? I'm not a complete idiot when it comes to wrenches so I can handle some tasks like this I feel...just need some guidance

magicheater

Equipment
B26, B7800, Auto Tach-N-Go
Either the load in the trailer is too great for the geometry of the dump function or you are just overloading the trailer. You should be able to get full pressure through any valve in the power beyond circuit if it is plumbed correctly. I have 3 or 4 valves plumbed together on different tractors and don't have any problems except for sequencing of demand(first in line first get) Check the ratings on the trailer and look at the geometry.