Power beyond / Diverter valve

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
With my cab inching to completion, held up only by my plasma cutter taking a dump...

I want to add a hydraulic angle to my snow plow.

Originally, I was going the power beyond route, but I started sourcing parts and realized a diverter setup would make more sense, yes? Basically, splice into bucket curl circuit, energize solenoid and move joystick and plow should angle, right? Let go of switch and curl circuit returns to normal operations?

Any suggestions or knowledge would be welcomed.

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
Diverters are certain easier to plumb in, they become part of the loader so the only thing going back to the tractor is the wire harness. They are a cost effective solution for FEL plows and grapples.

Burtonbr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 B2620, LA364 FEL,rear remotes,grapple pallet forks, many other toys.
Nov 11, 2012
NC
Best addition I did to my tractor, I use it for a grapple on my bucket it's been working perfectly for over 2 years.
I used this valve , HERE

There's a thread on it here, http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11429
It is not very difficult to do, if I had to do it over again I would just use rubber hoses and not go to the trouble of running hard lines.

Msg me if I can help & good luck if you decide to do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
I have third function on my L5740, but for the difference in cost will probably go with a diverter kit on our M8540, we are using a rear remote now. Kens sells a kit, but you can easily source from others a bit cheaper if you know what you need; I'll be going with Ken, my brother made his own.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
I actually just unboxed the KennyD valve. Id like to hard line some of it, but Omni can make me hoses pretty cheap. When I knock the pins out to swap the buck for plow, Ill size up a cylinder and cross my fingers.