Post Pounder on Grand L6060?

MTBob

Equipment
2018 L6060 HSTC Kubota, Land Pride blade RB3785
Aug 10, 2019
Belgrade, Montana
Having purchased a L6060 I'm now selling my Massey 65. Feels like moving from a Willys Jeep to a Mercedes. For years I've used a Shaver Post pounder on the back of the Massey. The Shaver pounder is a hydraulic lift with gravity/spring drop, and will drive a 4" diameter post with no problem. I'm now debating whether to sell the post pounder. But, I wonder if the L6060 is able to handle the post pounder for 2 reasons.
1) My L6060 has a set of rear hydraulics. But, I'm skeptical whether this connection will work since the pounder needs to have a high volume dump line when the head drops. Also, it's not clear to me whether the hydraulic lines on the L6060 is can be set to provide constant flow to the Shaver's control valves.
2) Driving posts with a pounder connected to the 3 point hitch can be a fairly violent process, lots of forces transmitted to the tractor. The Massey is a really tough piece of old iron, nearly bullet proof. But, the L6060 has a lot of what may be too sensitive electronics and may not play well with lots of banging around.
I've searched the InterWeb for examples of a Kubota with a post pounder on the back and haven't seen any.
Can the L6060 handle a 3 point hitch hydraulic driven post pounder?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Having purchased a L6060 I'm now selling my Massey 65. Feels like moving from a Willys Jeep to a Mercedes. For years I've used a Shaver Post pounder on the back of the Massey. The Shaver pounder is a hydraulic lift with gravity/spring drop, and will drive a 4" diameter post with no problem. I'm now debating whether to sell the post pounder. But, I wonder if the L6060 is able to handle the post pounder for 2 reasons.
1) My L6060 has a set of rear hydraulics. But, I'm skeptical whether this connection will work since the pounder needs to have a high volume dump line when the head drops. Also, it's not clear to me whether the hydraulic lines on the L6060 is can be set to provide constant flow to the Shaver's control valves.
2) Driving posts with a pounder connected to the 3 point hitch can be a fairly violent process, lots of forces transmitted to the tractor. The Massey is a really tough piece of old iron, nearly bullet proof. But, the L6060 has a lot of what may be too sensitive electronics and may not play well with lots of banging around.
I've searched the InterWeb for examples of a Kubota with a post pounder on the back and haven't seen any.
Can the L6060 handle a 3 point hitch hydraulic driven post pounder?
Those post pounders are used on a lot of similar equipment. I would expect my L3901 to have no problem with one. The hydraulics on the L6060 should be no problem . All you really need to add is a dedicated tank return line. I think Shaver says 3/4" minimum??

Dan