Post hole auger questions for a BX2380.

Lakebuster

Equipment
GrandL5040, RTV1100, ZTR331, B2601
Jul 1, 2021
SW Louisiana
I borrowed my friend’s hydraulic FEL auger he uses on his skid steer.
I was amazed at when I ran into root, I was able to reverse flow and easily backed out. After a few slow times it cut straight through root.
I am going to sell my 3pt auger!

Reactions: 1 users

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
I borrowed my friend’s hydraulic FEL auger he uses on his skid steer.
I was amazed at when I ran into root, I was able to reverse flow and easily backed out. After a few slow times it cut straight through root.
I am going to sell my 3pt auger!
Ditto for me! Hydraulic SSQA works great. My tractor doesn’t put out the gpm’s my borrowed auger would like. It still works great (hard clay, some rocks, tree roots).

Reactions: 1 user

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
My next purchase is going to be either a grapple(brother has one I can borrow) or a SSQA post hole digger. As having down pressure(slight), the ability to reverse, greater height/depth, and ease of hook ups are all great selling points.

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
My next purchase is going to be either a grapple(brother has one I can borrow) or a SSQA post hole digger. As having down pressure(slight), the ability to reverse, greater height/depth, and ease of hook ups are all great selling points.
Some brands allow you to move the unit left & right on a carriage. I have an EA bucket which is pre-drilled for a Digga brand auger that mounts (with special bracket) on the left or right side. This allows a single operator to see the auger line-up/working. There is a blind spot in front of the tractor that skid steers don’t have.
I noticed an auger bit called a tree plane that is used for cutting stumps (like a forstner bit in a drill press). If a guy could get a hydraulic auger for post holes & use it to remove stumps too, that would be a winner.