Position Control "Storage" Position

mculik5

Equipment
B2650 TLB
Sep 22, 2020
NJ
Just took delivery of a B2650 TLB today! Very excited!

I've run TLBs before, and the delivery guy was fantastic answering my new owner questions. Forgot to ask one thing, though:

Where should the 3-point lift arms be set when I'm not using them, such as when the backhoe is on? All the way up? Floated? In the middle?

Also, should the valve be closed? All the way open?

Lastly, is the answer different when the 3-point arms are removed for the backhoe vs. when they are on but I'm just not using the 3-point? Should I park the tractor with them up/down and then switch positions when I operate the tractor?

I'm guessing it probably doesn't matter, but I'm trying to establish a solid "operators routine" (things like always lowering the bucket to the ground and setting the parking brake when I get off) right out of the gate and am wondering if this needs to be incorporated. Thanks.

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
I leave the 3 point lever in the down position all the time. I've never given it much thought, but I don't see a reason to have it any other way.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
I leave mine down as that's where gravity moves them. It takes force to raise them but they lower on their own if allowed. Turn the lowering speed knob from time to time. They can tend to stick pretty good if left.

Reactions: 1 user

mculik5

Equipment
B2650 TLB
Sep 22, 2020
NJ
Thanks. Down makes sense to me. And thanks for the tip on the flow valve.

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
Some other 3 point device. I just realized the other day, when running with the backhoe off and tiller on, make sure you adjust your turnbuckles to properly take up the slack. If too much slack, the lift arms can swing to either side and rub your subframe. I noticed mine had rubbed on the subframe a bit where the backhoe pins go. Just cosmetic, but I wished I had noticed and will have them adjusted properly in the future.

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Just took delivery of a B2650 TLB today! Very excited!

I've run TLBs before, and the delivery guy was fantastic answering my new owner questions. Forgot to ask one thing, though:

Where should the 3-point lift arms be set when I'm not using them, such as when the backhoe is on? All the way up? Floated? In the middle?

Also, should the valve be closed? All the way open?

Lastly, is the answer different when the 3-point arms are removed for the backhoe vs. when they are on but I'm just not using the 3-point? Should I park the tractor with them up/down and then switch positions when I operate the tractor?

I'm guessing it probably doesn't matter, but I'm trying to establish a solid "operators routine" (things like always lowering the bucket to the ground and setting the parking brake when I get off) right out of the gate and am wondering if this needs to be incorporated. Thanks.
I leave the 3-point arms down, control lever fully forward. I also back off the flow valve, or called lowering speed valve for the 3-point, so the arms lower themselves more easily. That helps when I'm attaching the BH77 to the subframe, as the arms need hand raising a bit to get the BH mount pins some clearance. Just remember to tighten it when a heavy implement is mounted back on the 3-point, like my chipper, or even the box blade, or they clunk down pretty hard.

Reactions: 1 user