Po 101

Josef

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 Kubota MX 5200 with 6 la1065 loader, sq172 Bush hog shredder, 6 ' Armstrong
Feb 25, 2016
victoria tx 77904
Make double sure the intake air hose is on the inlet to the turbo properly and tightened securely. We have had a few of those come off! There was a changeup on that hose on L60 tractors to correct the problem but a few MX tractors had the hose come off too.
I uploaded pictures of where I believe you are referring to. They all appear to be properly connected. I put the old filters back in and let it run for about 10 minutes. Someone stated it needed to run for a while before it reset??? I removed the primary filter and same thing. Still blinking.
On the old cars we used to squirt wd40 on them and the engine would speed up, can I do something like that??

Attachments

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I uploaded pictures of where I believe you are referring to. They all appear to be properly connected. I put the old filters back in and let it run for about 10 minutes. Someone stated it needed to run for a while before it reset??? I removed the primary filter and same thing. Still blinking.
On the old cars we used to squirt wd40 on them and the engine would speed up, can I do something like that??
The hose isn't far enough onto the turbo inlet and the clamp is too far from the end of the hose. That clamp doesn't look to be tightening onto the turbo inlet at all! The turbo inlet isn't very long.. loosen off both clamps and slide that hose right onto the turbo, then put the clamp as close to the turbo as you can get it and tighten securely.

Josef

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 Kubota MX 5200 with 6 la1065 loader, sq172 Bush hog shredder, 6 ' Armstrong
Feb 25, 2016
victoria tx 77904
The hose isn't far enough onto the turbo inlet and the clamp is too far from the end of the hose. That clamp doesn't look to be tightening onto the turbo inlet at all! The turbo inlet isn't very long.. loosen off both clamps and slide that hose right onto the turbo, then put the clamp as close to the turbo as you can get it and tighten securely.
1-are the clamps in the 1st picture the wrong clamps, I was under the impression these were water hose clamps. Shouldn't they be the same type clamps as the second picture.

2- is the turbo inlet the 1st or the 3rd picture???

3-what is the hose that comes off the back of the T, I believe it goes to a canister upper right of the engine, sitting in the driver's seat.

Attachments

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
1-are the clamps in the 1st picture the wrong clamps, I was under the impression these were water hose clamps. Shouldn't they be the same type clamps as the second picture.

2- is the turbo inlet the 1st or the 3rd picture???

3-what is the hose that comes off the back of the T, I believe it goes to a canister upper right of the engine, sitting in the driver's seat.
Hose clamps are ok
Turbo inlet is first picture and I think you are refering to the smaller hose from the tee that goes to the ccvc (Closed Crankcase ventilation Canister)

Josef

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 25, 2016
victoria tx 77904
Hose clamps are ok
Turbo inlet is first picture and I think you are refering to the smaller hose from the tee that goes to the ccvc (Closed Crankcase ventilation Canister)
I spent the better part of the day taking everything apart and then reseating it forcing the hose on as far as it will go and tightening them really tight. You can see from the enclosed picture that the hose inlet the turbo was firmly in place by looking at all the shinny metal . I found the clamp in picture 3 (see above) loose and thought I have it now but after driving it around for 20 minutes, I still get the flashing PO 101.
I even looked over the filter canister for cracks, nada. I guess my big question is, should I be using it or should I get this resolved 1st.

Attachments

Josef

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 25, 2016
victoria tx 77904
I guess my big question is, should i get a tech out to look
at my tractor?? I don't have a trailer as yet nor a truck
big enough to pull it with.

Should I try to find someone I can pay to haul it in to
the dealer???

Should I just take a shot in the dark and replace the MAF
sensor???

I certainly appreciate your help so far eserv.

As strange as it sounds, I did a search of the entire site and
came up with me being the only dude with this problem.

Josef

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 25, 2016
victoria tx 77904
I broke down and called a tech. He was 95 dollars an hour
2 hour minimum. He plugged in his laptop and said that the
code was clear but needed resetting. He then reset it using a
combination of the brake light and the regeneration inhibit
switch. The bad part is that I'm not sure what it was that I did that fixed it.