Plugged in?

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
It was a QUOTE from the SeaFoam site. They were apparently referring to Ten Degrees Fahrenheit.
Sorry, I was not referring to the SeaFoam quote, which is conventional usage as I understand it.

I was asking if it was pilot speak to use 10-F to mean 10F. That was what I was trying to ask about your use of 10-F (in the following couple sentences I posted in that question):

"Saying 10-F is quite confusing. Do not think I have seen temperatures stated that way anywhere. Below freezing would then be -10-F. Or maybe 10-F- "

Normally 10F and -10F seems to be the convention.

Just a curiosity question, nothing more.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Sorry, I was not referring to the SeaFoam quote, which is conventional usage as I understand it.

I was asking if it was pilot speak to use 10-F to mean 10F. That was what I was trying to ask about your use of 10-F (in the following couple sentences I posted in that question):

"Saying 10-F is quite confusing. Do not think I have seen temperatures stated that way anywhere. Below freezing would then be -10-F. Or maybe 10-F- "

Normally 10F and -10F seems to be the convention.

Just a curiosity question, nothing more.
No ... not “pilot speak”. It was just my momentary decision to post it that way.

I was deliberately and specifically posting 10-F to mean Ten Degrees Fahrenheit. If I’d meant a below-zero Fahrenheit I would have posted -10-F perhaps.... one being a “minus” mark and the other a hyphen.

Sorry.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
No ... not “pilot speak”. It was just my momentary decision to post it that way.

I was deliberately and specifically posting 10-F to mean Ten Degrees Fahrenheit. If I’d meant a below-zero Fahrenheit I would have posted -10-F perhaps.... one being a “minus” mark and the other a hyphen.

Sorry.
No problem! I was just curious since I never remembered seeing temperatures stated that way... :)

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
No problem! I was just curious since I never remembered seeing temperatures stated that way... :)
I was not confused at all by Geohorn's post. I have seen temps listed such as the 10-F he posted. Must be a case of what one reads.

Tommieboy

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario
I'm in Eastern Ontario as well, I buy diesel at the local gas station and my tractor (L4060) starts at-20C without plugging in. Maybe check with your dealer, at -8C it should start no problem.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OK I have a BX as well,,, and anytime I have had problems was at the rear filter, a poor design but there ya go. Just get under it and see what it looks like,, most likely it has some water that is causing the problem. If it is clean, take it out of the line and see how much fuel is coming out of the tank it self. If it is a dribble then the problem is inthe tank,, jelled fuel, ice crystals ,dirt, June bugs, grass all kinds of things can cause that. But the rear filter is where I would start,, just MHO