Piranha Toothbar

navspecwar

Equipment
B3300HST FEL, ATH72 Finish Mower, 5ft KKRear Blade,Piranha TB
Oct 5, 2013
Marion, Illinois
Well, after doing some research I decided on the Piranha Toothbar for my B3300SU 60in bucket. I went with this particular toothbar mainly because of the versatility(digging, removing brush..etc), not to mention the craftsmanship looks top notch. Once I receive it and have a chance to use it I will post a review for everyone. Harry, who took my order, was very helpful and a pleasure to speak with.
Respectfully,
Chad

mikkeeh

Aug 28, 2013
Mount Vernon Ohio
I put one on my B7500/LA302. Ive been pleased with it so far. Was clearing some land of brush, briars etc, and it worked real good for that. Seems to be well made.

ncridgerunner

Equipment
BX23, finish mower, bush hog, box scraper, blade scraper, fertilizer spreader
Mar 31, 2013
Marion, NC
Re: Piranha Tooth bar

I live not too far from the BXpanded fabrication plant and visited it before getting my piranha toothbar. Harry Clearman is the owner and a great guy. I was very impressed by the quality of work they do and bought several items from them. The Piranha tooth bar works great for digging, clearing small stumps, and pushing brush and vines. It greatly increased the versatility of my BX-23.

gssixgun

Equipment
L3600, FEL, SnoBlower, Box Blade, Rear Blade, Forks, Cultivator, Plow
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
A Toothbar is on the add list for this year...

So a serious question, has anyone used this on a larger L series tractor, will it hold up ??

I like the idea of how these work, but I don't want to have to re-weld or re-ship it :(

zoomy

Equipment
l5740,6' Brush mower, Bobcat 873,Marshal tree saw, 48" Pallet Forks, Bobcat T770
Feb 22, 2014
Mundelien, IL
Who builds or sells the Piranha? I have binged and googled and could not find a manufacturer website or seller website.

navspecwar

Equipment
Oct 5, 2013
Marion, Illinois
Well, I spoke with Harry on Monday and placed my order, and it is scheduled for delivery tomorrow!! Now that is what I call prompt service! Will mount tomorrow and try to play around with it and see how it works.

navspecwar

Equipment
Oct 5, 2013
Marion, Illinois
Well it arrived today! It fit like a glove! Very impressed with the fit and finish. Marked and drilled two 3/4in holes, then mounted using the hardware Harry sent. Now I just need the weather to break so I can get out there and give it a go!!!

zman8537

Equipment
Mowing, Snow Plowing, Hauling
Sep 8, 2013
Chicora, PA
A Toothbar is on the add list for this year...

So a serious question, has anyone used this on a larger L series tractor, will it hold up ??

I like the idea of how these work, but I don't want to have to re-weld or re-ship it :(
I put one on my L4600 with an LA 764 Loader. Havent used it too much but I am happy so far. Seems to be pretty well built. I will write a review once I get to use it a little more once the weather breaks around here.

gssixgun

Equipment
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
I put one on my L4600 with an LA 764 Loader. Havent used it too much but I am happy so far. Seems to be pretty well built. I will write a review once I get to use it a little more once the weather breaks around here.
I just got the quote back from Harry at the company on the price, with shipping it will only be $22 more than the normal style from Iowa Farms...
I really think the Piranha might be better for the work I have to do..

Hook

Equipment
L3240 with LA514 FEL, Box Blade, Howard Rotovator, All Purpose Plow, Sub Soiler
Jul 6, 2010
Jackson, Georgia
I have a toothbar on my L3240 and it is well worth the money. In the soil we have you can not dig without one. It also extends the depth of the bucket a few inches which can be useful when lifting bulky objects. I was surprised how much more efficient it made the loader.

gssixgun

Equipment
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
I have a toothbar on my L3240 and it is well worth the money. In the soil we have you can not dig without one. It also extends the depth of the bucket a few inches which can be useful when lifting bulky objects. I was surprised how much more efficient it made the loader.

Which Toothbar did you get ????
This is the other one I was thinking of getting, as noted above the price difference is not a concern..

Iowa Farms Toothbar.jpg

I will be messing with roots mostly, we don't have very rocky dirt..
Also another use is moving gravel and light rock 1.5 inch now and then for the road maintenance...

Last edited:

Balvar24

Equipment
L3800 HST, 5ft Rotary Cutter, 5ft Box Blade, Pallet Forks, 72" Rotary Tiller
Feb 18, 2014
Rock Ridge
What about tearing out sapplings ?

Teikas Dad

Equipment
B3200
Oct 19, 2012
Live Free or Die
I've got a 60" bucket on my B3200, so it's the same as your's on the B3030.

It works great ripping out small trees and brush. I burned a big brush pile last month and the toothbar came in handy pushing the brush up on top of the fire.

Here's a photo of what the Piranha looks like on the 60" bucket.

ncridgerunner

Equipment
BX23, finish mower, bush hog, box scraper, blade scraper, fertilizer spreader
Mar 31, 2013
Marion, NC
What about tearing out sapplings ?
Before the toothbar my bucket would often skin the bark off small saplings and then bend them down to the ground causing me to run over them but not pull them out. With the toothbar it usually grabs them and allows me to pull them out by the roots. Daylight and dark difference.

Balvar24

Equipment
L3800 HST, 5ft Rotary Cutter, 5ft Box Blade, Pallet Forks, 72" Rotary Tiller
Feb 18, 2014
Rock Ridge
Before the toothbar my bucket would often skin the bark off small saplings and then bend them down to the ground causing me to run over them but not pull them out. With the toothbar it usually grabs them and allows me to pull them out by the roots. Daylight and dark difference.
Cool. Thanks.

PWM3rd

Equipment
L3800; Landpride RCR1260; BB1260; GS15; RB15; Titan PForks; PTB;
Jan 24, 2014
Central Illinois
I am getting ready to mount the Piranha toothbar I purchased last month. (Man does it look like it will do some serious "damage" to the work I've got planned) Just had my new L3800 delivered that was purchased at end of 2013. This is the first tractor I've ever owned so very excited to put it to work when early spring decides to begin...:eek: It looks like I just need a "good" 3/4" bit and keep it lubricated during drilling to get the job done. Anything advise for "fail-proof" installation of bar? Thanks OTT friends.