Picked up a tiller

Yotekiller

Equipment
Kubota L2502, LP 60" BB, LP pallet forks, 60" KK Tiller, 55" HSI root grapple
Sep 29, 2023
Southern Indiana
A buddy of mine had this 60" King Kutter II that he said he bought new 4-5 years ago, used one time to till his yard after building his house, and then sat it beside the barn to never be used again. Sold it to me for $600 which I thought was a very fair deal. Anyone else running one of these? It only had half the PTO shaft on it though, so will need to find the other half...

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

Yotekiller

Equipment
Sep 29, 2023
Southern Indiana
very good price for a tiller, ask King Kutter maker for the PTO shaft .
I'm hoping he just forgot it laying on the ground. He is going to look tonight. I really don't think it fell off on the way home because I noticed the shaft that was still on the tiller had mud sticking out the end of it and it hadn't touched the ground at my house when I noticed it was missing. So this leads me t believe the mud got shoved in there when he picked it up with his skid steer.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Nice find. Whether other end of PTO shaft is found or not, it may not be correct length for your tractor. It might be helpful to check the math on the shaft length before running it whether you find the old one or buy new.

Amarillo

Equipment
MX6000 w/ LA1065, tiller, disc, core aerator, box blade, shredder, Blast Sprayer
Jan 10, 2023
Amarillo, TX
A buddy of mine had this 60" King Kutter II that he said he bought new 4-5 years ago, used one time to till his yard after building his house, and then sat it beside the barn to never be used again. Sold it to me for $600 which I thought was a very fair deal. Anyone else running one of these? It only had half the PTO shaft on it though, so will need to find the other half...
I have a King Kutter tiller. I bought it used for $700. It was leaking on one side so I changed the grease on the gear boxes and replaced the gasket. The skids were in bad shape so I replaced them as well. King Kutter can provide parts if you need to replace anything. I bought a broadcast spreader last year that only had half the shaft. I found that buying a whole shaft off Amazon was more cost efficient than buying a half from Tractor Supply or other stores. I would compare before buying a half

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Sold it to me for $600 which I thought was a very fair deal.
Wow! Great to see a piece of equipment saved from the scrap pile and for a really good price. Tillers don't seem to get a lot of use so they can be hard to justify, like some other implements. But for $600 it's a no brainer. Congratulations on the acquisition and hopefully you'll post some photos of it in action.

Yotekiller

Equipment
Sep 29, 2023
Southern Indiana
Wow! Great to see a piece of equipment saved from the scrap pile and for a really good price. Tillers don't seem to get a lot of use so they can be hard to justify, like some other implements. But for $600 it's a no brainer. Congratulations on the acquisition and hopefully you'll post some photos of it in action.

Thanks! This one is getting ready to see a ton of use in my business. Hopefully it holds up well.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Thanks! This one is getting ready to see a ton of use in my business. Hopefully it holds up well.
I would expect it to hold up very well, and a lot better than much of the new Chinese junk that's available. I only have one King Kutter implement and it's a receiver, but it's way better quality than most of the stuff I see. I would equate it to Land Pride quality.

War Eagle

Equipment
2012 B3000HSDC and Allis Chalmer 5020
Jan 15, 2017
Nampa, Idaho
I have the 60inch King Kutter II as well. I also have had it about 5 years. My unit is reverse rotation and it can litterly turn my soil into a flour consistency after tilling. I really like this tiller.
I put about 20 hrs use per year and have never had one ounce of problems with the unit. It seems to be a very rugged unit. My unit cost me $1700 new and shipping was extra.

you got an excellent deal and you will be very happy with it's performance.