Pick up plow adapted to Tractors FEL Mod #2

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
I wasn't using my truck for plowing anymore so last year when I bought my tractor I decided to adapt the trucks plow to the Kubota . I've had the poly plow new and it was ten years old so it needed a little work to bring it up to snuff again. Took me about 25 hours from start to completion to do the modification but It's all done and working well. I have 120 hours on the tractor now and love the set up. I left out a lot of steps here like the actual fab work and the sand blasting but it will give those who are interested a look into how it went.

Last edited:

Wildfire

Equipment
More pics. As you can see I added LED strobe side lights to the plow for added visibility. You'll also notice the FEL joy stick. This is a Kubota joy stick and the angling of the blade can be adjust by the same stick.

My Last years birthday cake :D

Last edited:

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
OK - I get it. You are an expert machinist and fabricator. You must have a shop or repair service and do this for a living.

Casual farmers just don't normally have the kinds of skills necessary for your three projects.

Can't wait for the next one.

Wildfire

Equipment
OK - I get it. You are an expert machinist and fabricator. You must have a shop or repair service and do this for a living.

Casual farmers just don't normally have the kinds of skills necessary for your three projects.

Can't wait for the next one.
Well I'll give you a 50% on that statement. I'm not a farmer. I'm not smart enough to be one so I went into the small engine and automotive repair business. What you see here is my hobby and the only thing I'll say I'm close to being an expert on is my automotive trade which is the only thing I'm certified in.

I will admit that I do have a following of customers that I do welding, machining and fabrication for but it's not something I advertise to do. I also design tooling and design some other stuff but I'm as far from an expert as you'll ever get :confused:

I appreciate you saying you like my work though. I can't wait to show the wife that someone called me an expert. She's going to have some laugh at that one :D

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
There is obviously a love of job involved here. The curiosity involved in the work that has been shown on this forum demonstrates a creativity, or art, that is a rare talent.

It is a fortunate man that works at something enjoyed, works for oneself, and be highly skilled as well.

The talents you have will never go out of style or lack a market.

Wildfire

Equipment
There is obviously a love of job involved here. The curiosity involved in the work that has been shown on this forum demonstrates a creativity, or art, that is a rare talent.

It is a fortunate man that works at something enjoyed, works for oneself, and be highly skilled as well.

The talents you have will never go out of style or lack a market.
Thank you very much sir. Yes there is a pile of talant on this forum, no doubt about it.
My late Dad was a carpenter by trade and a fine one at that. Every time I'm doing something weather it's for me or a customer I will hear him say "If it's worth doing, It's worth doing well".

I'm so nervous that he may be watching me from above I put everything into all that I do. He always had a bit of a temper so I'm not taking any chances in upsetting him :D

Thanks again and I'm happy to hear you like the posts.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OMG,,,He's one of them WINGERS :eek: LOL,,,
You know......
Its guys like you, that do things like that, that guys like me can olny dream about,,, and ya make it look good too!!! For bein a Winger rider I am impressed,,lol,, just wishes I knew what you forgot!!!

Wildfire

Equipment
OMG,,,He's one of them WINGERS :eek: LOL,,,
You know......
Its guys like you, that do things like that, that guys like me can olny dream about,,, and ya make it look good too!!! For bein a Winger rider I am impressed,,lol,, just wishes I knew what you forgot!!!
Thanks Skeets. You made me laugh. Glad you like it. I bet you could do it just as well if not better than that. It's crazy what one can do when he or she puts there mind to it. I ride with a few of the Harley crowd. I feel bad for them. They have a hard time keeping up so I take the little Wing hen i ride with them :D Don't matter what you ride as long as you ride is my motto. Tractors and bikes what else matters hey. Thanks again. Paul

Wildfire

Equipment

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Awwwww man that was cold,,,:D LMAO,, Yeah I ride with some Wingers and Yamahaaas too and it's a constant jab fest all in good fun, your right my V twin will never keep up with your Wing or then Yamies but I look good goin slow;)
No I dont think I do anything even close to the stuff you call scrap,, they tried to teach me to weld when I worked in the mines,,, Master Mech looked at my "BEST" weld shook his head and said it's useless,,lol

Wildfire

Equipment
Awwwww man that was cold,,,:D LMAO,, Yeah I ride with some Wingers and Yamahaaas too and it's a constant jab fest all in good fun, your right my V twin will never keep up with your Wing or then Yamies but I look good goin slow;)
No I dont think I do anything even close to the stuff you call scrap,, they tried to teach me to weld when I worked in the mines,,, Master Mech looked at my "BEST" weld shook his head and said it's useless,,lol
I bet if I had you here I could show you the basic's of welding in an hour. I got a buddy that's so dumb (I tell him that) If I took his brain and put it in a bird, the poor bird would fly backwards and I showed him the basic's of welding and he can do it now.

You'll never hear me put down a Harley. No sir. If I had to rely on Wings to make a living I'd starve. In the summer months I get a good bit of Harley work. I might be dumb but I'm not stupid

The first ride I had last spring I went with my Harley buddy. The next day the two of us were in the shop and a customer came in and asked if I went by his house last evening because if it was me I had a Harley hanging out of my butt .:D