Pat's Quick Change System on a BX25???

2fast916

Equipment
Kubota BX25
Oct 17, 2013
West Granby, CT, USA
Does anyone know if the Pat's Quick Change System will work on a Kubota BX25? From the research I've done, I think it will but haven't found any specific installs on the BX25.

I currently have a Harbor Freight Quick Hitch and have modified it some. Out of 3 implements, only 1 was a direct fit. My Kubota ballast box was a no go, after a few hours of trying to make it work, I finally threw in the towel. Regarding the ballast box, I decided to buy a Heavy Hitch and use my suitcase weights for ballast so, that investment fixed the ballast box issue. As soon as I have time, I'm going to try and sell the Kubota ballast box on Craigslist. The other implement that I just purchased was a Tractor Supply Carry All. I bought this for moving fire wood and specifically purchased because it stated it was "Quick Hitch Ready". Well after screwing around for another couple of hours, I found out that it was not Quick Hitch Ready. I could not even install it with one of those top link adapters. At any rate, I'm going to return the TSC Carry All and have ordered a King Kutter Carry All, as it should be Quick Hitch ready.

The above info has me seriously thinking why I didn't just go with the Pat's system.................

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
You are finding out that any quick hitch is only a quick hitch if it fits the implement and none of them will fit all the attachments. Why?? There is no absolute diminsion from all the manufactures. Only one of my attachments fit my tsc 3point quick hitch. I had to modify all the others. But at least now I can quick connect to all my implements.

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
I installed them due to different width implements and really like them, a bonus with the stiff stabilizers.

I have a pic of them in my profile under stabilizers.

2fast916

Equipment
Kubota BX25
Oct 17, 2013
West Granby, CT, USA
You are finding out that any quick hitch is only a quick hitch if it fits the implement and none of them will fit all the attachments. Why?? There is no absolute diminsion from all the manufactures. Only one of my attachments fit my tsc 3point quick hitch. I had to modify all the others. But at least now I can quick connect to all my implements.
Well, I've almost incurred all the pain getting the quick hitch to work, so I'll probably stick with it in the end. I knew that this might be the case going into it but, didn't think it would be this painful.

2fast916

Equipment
Kubota BX25
Oct 17, 2013
West Granby, CT, USA
I installed them due to different width implements and really like them, a bonus with the stiff stabilizers.

I have a pic of them in my profile under stabilizers.
Thanks, Slimshadie!

Couple of questions...

Did you have to buy a new, longer top link, after installing the Pat's System?

Where did you get those stabilizer links? How do you like them? Can you get them tight enough to eliminate sway?...like when using something like a ballast box.

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
The original toplink still works, but its almost all the way out. I wanted to get another 1 anyways so I'll get a longer 1 too. So far the stabilizers work great. I just got them and have only used them with my rearblade for snow plowing so far. Im sure they will work fine for a ballast box also. Google "Stabilworks" which is actually Hodge on this forum. Great investment and top notch quality.

2fast916

Equipment
Kubota BX25
Oct 17, 2013
West Granby, CT, USA
The original toplink still works, but its almost all the way out. I wanted to get another 1 anyways so I'll get a longer 1 too. So far the stabilizers work great. I just got them and have only used them with my rearblade for snow plowing so far. Im sure they will work fine for a ballast box also. Google "Stabilworks" which is actually Hodge on this forum. Great investment and top notch quality.
Thanks again!!!!! I'll check out the Stabilworks website...