Parking brake???

teachingscience

Feb 27, 2012
Neosho, MO
Just got my first kubota. Its an L4310 with loader and backhoe. My question is if locking the brake is the only way to park it on a hill. It has the GST tranny and after turning off the engine the tranny will not hold it after a minute or so. I have lots of hills and very few flat places and dont want to find it at the bottom of the hill on its side some morning. I already drop the loader but am scared that it may bleed off a little and let it roll. What should i be expecting from it?

Stumpy

Equipment
L175
Dec 1, 2011
NE Ohio
Yeah the clutch pack on that is clamped by hydraulic pressure. I'm actually surprised it holds that long after shutdown. I understand about not fully trusting the parking brake, I don't even trust them in cars. Transmission is always in gear as well when parked on a hill. Hummmm.

Other than the obvious don't park on a hill over night all I can really offer is set the brake, curl the bucket down as far as it will go and then slam it into the ground. If that holds then it won't go anywhere leak down or not. A back blade might hold better if you're not using the 3pt all the time.