Parking brake warning system

asgard

Equipment
B2301, 60 inch deck, 51inch blower
Oct 22, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Well, since I have owned my B2301 I have always wondered why no light or buzzer for the parking brake. It would be handy and stop you from driving off with it still engaged. So today was the day. Having found a small buzzer, a light and a door courtesy switch I was set.
I took the power for the buzzer and light from an ignition feed, ran an earth wire round to where the latching lever comes through the panel and set about making some mountings.
The lever has two metal straps that come off so I made a small l-shaped bracket to join the gap it was 3/4 inch by 3/4 inch which I blind riveted to the straps forming a landing for the switch.
I made up a plate that has to be shaped t match the frame and to clear the retaining spring clip. I decided to fasten it with tec screws in case it need to be removed, mounted switch and earth wire and it was done.
When the ignition is on and I apply the brake, the light comes on above the ignition and the buzzer sounds.
Now, let's hope that sorts the issue of wondering why it is feeling a bit underpowered and then realizing the brake is on.
Hope this might help others.

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
Well, since I have owned my B2301 I have always wondered why no light or buzzer for the parking brake. It would be handy and stop you from driving off with it still engaged. So today was the day. Having found a small buzzer, a light and a door courtesy switch I was set.
I took the power for the buzzer and light from an ignition feed, ran an earth wire round to where the latching lever comes through the panel and set about making some mountings.
The lever has two metal straps that come off so I made a small l-shaped bracket to join the gap it was 3/4 inch by 3/4 inch which I blind riveted to the straps forming a landing for the switch.
I made up a plate that has to be shaped t match the frame and to clear the retaining spring clip. I decided to fasten it with tec screws in case it need to be removed, mounted switch and earth wire and it was done.
When the ignition is on and I apply the brake, the light comes on above the ignition and the buzzer sounds.
Now, let's hope that sorts the issue of wondering why it is feeling a bit underpowered and then realizing the brake is on.
Good modification to prevent driving with brake on.

I used a motorcycle rear brake switch on the engagement lever on the B26.

Attachments

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Belt and suspenders. I like it.