Pallet fork width adjustment

UnionParish45

Equipment
L2501
Aug 29, 2021
Bernice, LA
Hello,

I tried searching but could not find an answer to this question - What are the width adjustment parameters possible with the Landpride PFL2042 pallet forks? I don’t have the tractor yet, but will take possession this Saturday after we close on our land. I need to know how narrow the forks can be adjusted down to width-wise.

Thanks,
Michael

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
generally speaking....notches will be every 4" ( possible FL std ???), forks would be side by side. if 3.5" forks, there's a bit of a gap (1/2"+-). That info should be on the website 'somewhere'.
if it's a transporation problem, simply remove one or both.

Reactions: 1 users

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
You should be able to slide them together so they are touching. So whatever the width of the actual forks are.

Just be careful if you do this with them centered, there is a notch in the lower portion that facilitates the forks removal.

Reactions: 2 users

cliffboyer

Equipment
L3301 w/LA525 loader, G5200 mower w/RC48 deck, Kawasaki 610 Mule, DR mower
Nov 30, 2017
Southern IL
I have this set of forks....just not in front of me at the moment

As I recall, to install forks onto the frame, there is a notch dead center. So one could slide them touching together, although technically each fork would not be fully engaged due to being partway in the notch.

Now, for whatever the width forks need to be set for a task, I always make certain at least one is latched into a detent while the other can float. Of course keeping as centered as possible on the frame.

Reactions: 1 users

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, loader, MMM, pallet forks, tooth bar, rear blade, JD 318 w/plow, JD X350
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
Hello,

I tried searching but could not find an answer to this question - What are the width adjustment parameters possible with the Landpride PFL2042 pallet forks? I don’t have the tractor yet, but will take possession this Saturday after we close on our land. I need to know how narrow the forks can be adjusted down to width-wise.

Thanks,
Michael
Hello UnionParish45,

This may be of some use to you. Maybe not, the file for the manual is too big to attach. Message me your e-mail and I will get it to you. (The file size is 6+ megs.

PS Are you sure that you are not a Damm Yankee? Union Parish is kinda far North!

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I downloaded the manual for those forks. Zoomed in the diagram, read the data.. forks are 3" wide, so the notches appear to be 4" apart(missing dead center of course).