Paint question

tiger9297

Equipment
B7100HST-D w/ Bush Hog FEL
Jun 28, 2009
Tupelo, MS
I have read the article on Kubota paint about the early years of using Orange Enamel, and the later years of using Bright Orange II. My question is that when speaking of Orange Enamel he says "think...............B7100". Well I've had a number of B7100's, a B5100, and a B6100. The 5100, 6100, and one of the 7100's were definitely the old pale Orange Enamel. However, some of the B7100's, as well as the two I own right now ('93 and '94 models) are definitely not the same color as the others. They have much more "red" to their color. I have posted a pic of the 7100 I currently own along side the 5100 that I owned. The 7100 is definitely more "red". Also attached a pic of each tractor sitting by itself. I'm wondering if the newer 7100's were painted with Bright Orange II.

Also, can this paint be bought anywhere other than the Kubota dealer? One gallon at the dealer is right at $100 bucks! I'm just wanting to paint a few implements.

Attachments

Last edited:

firejunkie

Equipment
Kubota Mx4700 4w/FEL, Modern Ag cutter,Dirt dog Box blade and Rake, Custom forks
Mar 19, 2011
greenwood, SC
A gallon of paint is not cheap anymore, most automive paint stores can match the color, but you will still spend close to that $100 there as well, if not more, you could call napa Most carry and mix Nason paints the cost is a bit less, and it is a durable paint, and should match well (as long as they mix it right).

tiger9297

Equipment
Jun 28, 2009
Tupelo, MS
Am I correct on the color of the newer B7100's? Are they Bright Orange II or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

jcato

Equipment
B7500HSD, RFM-60, 4' box, Covington 1row planter/cult
May 5, 2010
Nicholls, GA
Tiger,

Check out Agri Supply - they carry 'Majik' implement enamel and it appears (so far) to be pretty good - both in quality and color match. Online price is $28 / gal. I first picked up a spray can of it - to check color match and it was very close. I've since got a gallon, but have not used (nor opened) it yet. Can also get the hardener - which I did and is good for things like implements.

Check out:

http://www.agrisupply.com/product.asp?pn=60863

Another link on the website will allow you to find a local store -- mine here (S. GA) is about 50 miles away (Tifton, GA).

-- john.

tiger9297

Equipment
Jun 28, 2009
Tupelo, MS
jcato,

Of course you knew this question was coming............Is that the old pale Orange Enamel color or the new Bright Orange II?

jcato

Equipment
B7500HSD, RFM-60, 4' box, Covington 1row planter/cult
May 5, 2010
Nicholls, GA
jcato,

Of course you knew this question was coming............Is that the old pale Orange Enamel color or the new Bright Orange II?
Sorry for not clarifying -- it's the 'new' Bright Orange II (near-match).

Tractor Supply also carries both the old and new - but the 'new' is only in spray cans -- the gallon size is the 'old' orange.

-- john.