Paint or no? Chime in

N3BP

Equipment
B7200DT, B7200HST-D, L2900GST, L3010 HST TLB
Sep 20, 2016
Lebanon, PA
Did you photo shop the paint job too?!!

If not...

Did you mask around the decals, or have new ones made? Or did you find NOS (new old stock) decals?

There's nothing like having the original paint. Something about the patina that says this one's a classic..

But your tractor looks good if the picture is legit.

My hat's off to you. It looks good. But I still say keep it original unless it's a rust bucket.
The paint job was not altered. The morning sun was shining in a little so maybe that gave it a little more pizazz. I didn't do the repaint, but you can tell all the decals were masked over. NOS decals are super difficult to source, and repos are not as accurate as the originals, so masking is usually your best bet. You can tell it was refinished with a spray gun and not a rattle can. Even tough Kubota rattle cans are top notch, there is a noticible difference in the final result.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
The paint job was not altered. The morning sun was shining in a little so maybe that gave it a little more pizazz. I didn't do the repaint, but you can tell all the decals were masked over. NOS decals are super difficult to source, and repos are not as accurate as the originals, so masking is usually your best bet. You can tell it was refinished with a spray gun and not a rattle can. Even tough Kubota rattle cans are top notch, there is a noticible difference in the final result.
"there is a noticeable difference in the final result"
ALWAYS is !

MikeG6

Equipment
B7200
Jul 26, 2022
Canada
Thanks for your input. I think I will just leave it as-is. Maybe in another 20 years I can reassess the situation 😁

Reactions: 1 user