Paint decisions opinions

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
As long as YOU are having fun, finish it the way YOU want just know it'll cost more than you think.... You can easily dump 5-7K into 'painting' but if you don't replace that $5 seal that leaks a drip once a day, your overall paint job is ruined. Every one is different, I'm not into 'trailer queens' prefer to USE tractors,so they will have dirt, grease,grime on them, 24/7. My BX23s is no exception,worn off paint, ripped seat,dusty and greasy. Anyone who wants it to be 'show room condition' can use their elbow grease to make it 'purdy'.
"easily dump 5-7K into painting"?
Canada paint must be REALLY expensive!

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I'm talking about 'automotive' paints not 'TSC tractor enamel', although that is now close to $100 per USG
It's not just 'paint', you also need the proper hardener, some high quality epoxy primers, dang sandpaper is $1 a sheet for the cheap stuff. 'gun wash' used to be cheap, ka-ching today.....

Come jan 1 , price on everything that has 'high' voc will be obscene....

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I'm talking about 'automotive' paints not 'TSC tractor enamel', although that is now close to $100 per USG
It's not just 'paint', you also need the proper hardener, some high quality epoxy primers, dang sandpaper is $1 a sheet for the cheap stuff. 'gun wash' used to be cheap, ka-ching today.....

Come jan 1 , price on everything that has 'high' voc will be obscene....
Still........not even close to 5-7K..... for paint and painting supplies. !