Paint Color for L3010

G Crawford

Equipment
Kubota L3010
Jun 4, 2022
Knoxville, TN
So I went to the local Kubota dealer, bought my Kubota UDT and a can of orange paint. I was told that Kubota changed the paint color around 2009. It is my understanding that my L3010 was made between 1998 and 2002. When I got the paint home, it was obvious that the "Old Kubota Orange" did not match. I must have the newer color. Does anyone know when the color change did happen?

G Crawford

Equipment
Kubota L3010
Jun 4, 2022
Knoxville, TN
Thanks for the reply. I sorta thought my Saturday parts guy might be a little inexperienced, although very polite and carried my 10 gallons of UDT out to the car for me.
I'm picking up two cans of Krylon "New Kubota Orange" spray paint today from O'Reilly's. We'll see how it matches. I may repaint the entire front end. My Bush Hog loader used to be orange, it's kinda pink now.

Snark

Equipment
L245, rotavator, scrape blade, rotary log splitter, boom pole.
Feb 27, 2022
eastern NC
Thanks for the reply. I sorta thought my Saturday parts guy might be a little inexperienced, although very polite and carried my 10 gallons of UDT out to the car for me.
I'm picking up two cans of Krylon "New Kubota Orange" spray paint today from O'Reilly's. We'll see how it matches. I may repaint the entire front end. My Bush Hog loader used to be orange, it's kinda pink now.
How did the O'Reilly's Kubota orange paint work out? With the different colors from Big Orange being somewhat questionable for old tractors especially considering their cost, I would rather try a locally available substitute.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
How did the O'Reilly's Kubota orange paint work out? With the different colors from Big Orange being somewhat questionable for old tractors especially considering their cost, I would rather try a locally available substitute.
I think the Krylon is pretty close. Definitely stay away from the Majik at Tractor Supply.

G Crawford

Equipment
Kubota L3010
Jun 4, 2022
Knoxville, TN
So evidently, the change to Bright Orange was about 1995 or so. My 2002 is definitely the Bright Orange. The Krylon is not a perfect match. I painted my grill and wheels with it, and there is a noticeable difference. Another point is that the Krylon does not provide a high gloss. It's more of a semi gloss. I have not yet tried the $27.00 can of Kubota factory paint. I will try that on my brush guard that I am fabricating.