Paging Messicks

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
Messick's answered this question elsewhere. The M-4 will be produced along side the M-7060 for the balance of this year and next.

When model changes, upgrades are announced at dealer meeting, sept. 2019, Kubota will then announce the fate of M-7060. Production for another year or not.?? Kubota holds these decisions close to the vest. Do folks wear vests in japan ??

Currently the M-4-071 is only available in the N version.

Last edited:

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Do you folks know how much longer Kubota will be making the M7060HDC ?
Didnt they just announced a new offering of a larger cab with buddy seat on the M7060 for the 2019 year? That doesnt sound like a company that is winding down a tractor line.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Not fond of the 'European influence' in Kubota tractors. I used to run New Holland tractors but when they went 'European' I went the other way. Don't blow my dress up at all.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Im also wondering if that newer M4 will have DEF.
Everything will have DEF and particulate filters. Everything now is Tier 4. I don't believe there is a lower cutoff on engine size, could be wrong on that in as much as I don't do smaller units.

TexasBoy

Equipment
Kubota M7060 HDC12 & L4600DT
Dec 11, 2013
Central Texas
Just talked to my dealer who was at the Orlando Meeting and he told me the M4-071 will not have DEF, just like the M7060.

I think Im going to wait til this new model arrives so I can see how much difference the larger cab provides. I know my wife would prefer the buddy seat for the times she rides along to put out round bales and feeding in winter.

Bigpuddie

Jul 30, 2018
US
Everything will have DEF and particulate filters. Everything now is Tier 4. I don't believe there is a lower cutoff on engine size, could be wrong on that in as much as I don't do smaller units.
Anything 75 hp and under does not require DEF. There are some engines that achieved tier 4 without DPF and regens

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

majorwager

Equipment
Bigpuddie,

True that your 3 cylinder Massey does not employ a DPF but the excessive use of EGR reintroduces significant contaminated air into the cumbustion chambers, harshly effecting piston heads and cylinder linings.

Bigpuddie

Jul 30, 2018
US
Bigpuddie,

True that your 3 cylinder Massey does not employ a DPF but the excessive use of EGR reintroduces significant contaminated air into the cumbustion chambers, harshly effecting piston heads and cylinder linings.
Massey Ferguson achieves tier 4 mostly through using a Wastegate and intercooler turbocharger and programming. The EGR is actually a light EGR. Pretty impressive engine. In fact on the 80 through 100 hp, which use DEF, they only use a variable DPF that uses little to no DPF at low load/RPM. Their contaminants in the old are low enough to employ 600 hour oil change intervals. So far, I love everything about the tractor

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

majorwager

Equipment
Believe the extended oil change intervals are marketing hype. The combustion soot is internally present at the point of combustion. The emission equipment is only concerned w/ post tailpipe air quality.

The fundamental physics of diesel operations remains the same less the removal of sulfur.

Warranties are expired by the 4 and 5 thousand hour milestone when the owner is faced w/ the reality of extended oil maintenance is simply a shortcut to the dreaded and expensive engine overhaul.

Question the term mild EGR. Kinda like mildly pregnant.

Bigpuddie, check your text? Did auto correct modify your intent? For the record, your machine is a fine tractor. It may even have been a driving reason kubota felt pressure to upgrade enhancements recently to their. M-7060 and develop the M-4 -071 although still just produced in N format.

Last edited:

dboudr5

Equipment
L3800 & M9540
Dec 6, 2018
New Roads, LA
Here is the brochure for the new M4 series that everyone is looking for. Talked to a local dealer. Tractors should be in dealerships this summer (he estimated June.) Cab will be the same as the M5 series, The Ultra Grand 2. Tractor will NOT have DEF, but will have Regen, just like the M7060. Will have bigger tires than the M7060 and sounds like possibly a little beefier tractor. Will be a 61 model (65 engine and 52 pto hp) and 71 model (73 engine and 60 pto hp) in the M4 series. The M4-071 will have a standard and deluxe model, 61 will only come in deluxe. Deluxe model will have standard: a buddy seat, 12 forward and 12 reverse speeds with an electronic de-clutch button, electronic 4WD engagement which will auto engage when both brakes are pressed, 2 standard rear remotes with self-canceling and float detent, and standard 540E PTO. Pricing info he estimated to me was 071 standard will be about $4600 more than M7060HDC (about $48,650) and Deluxe will be another $2300 on top of that. Hope this info helps anyone interested in the new M4 models.

Attachments

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
The M7060 does not use DEF fluid.
be patient. Tier 4 will accomodate you... If not DEF then common rail computer controlled with a particulate filter. One way or another the EPA will get you.

Why I hang on to my older non compliant tractors. Basic stuff.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Everything needs to be Tier 4, but the emissions limits are based on HP. Tractors under 26HP get a much easier limit for emissions, hence why the B2601, L2501 and other tractors don't have much emissions equipment. To my mind this is also why the L2501 exists - it's quite a large capacity engine that is well capable of making 30+ HP. Kubota are running it at very low RPM so that it measures under 26 HP, but it has oodles of torque. For people who are looking at tractors around that HP rating they may prefer a non-DPF tractor with lots of low down pull, but losing a bit of top end compared to say the L3301.