outside tractor

SteveF

Equipment
BX25
May 15, 2013
Huntingdon, PA
Kubota's are a well-built tractor, across all sizes.

Just like virtually anything, the better care you take of it the longer it will last and the easier it will be to do regular maintenance and future repairs.

Bottom line: do what you can afford, but there is no free lunch.

fast*st

Equipment
M7040, L2900, F550 ford, Yanmar vio70 excavator, Case 580, JD 350 dozer, JD 644E
Jun 26, 2012
Northern Mass
mostly weathertight but the paint fades pretty quick.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
My truck is made to be out side, but it sit in the garage along side the Kubota

aeblank

Jun 19, 2013
Cadillac, MI
Inside storage helps so so much. Do what you can, beyond that, live life and don't worry a ton.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Mines outside but I have a plastic drop in bed liner turned upside down to keep the elements off. Does the best job for free out of anything else I can think of besides a barn.

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
Guys, as others have said they're supposed to be able to be left outside BUT there WILL be issues if you leave most models in direct rain and sun for extended lengths of time. This is not unique to Kubota...just overall issues.

1. Seat covering will deteriorate and crack
2. Electrical switches, especially on BX models will corrode and fail. I have replaced dozens of these switches on the BX's, even some that were kept inside but maybe got wet during washing or a quick rainstorm.
3. Paint/Plastic will fade
4. light rust may develop on bare metal, nothing significant

Overall covering your machine, even with a $5 tarp from harbor freight is better than nothing and will solve most of the rain and sun issues. If you can swing it, a small metal building, one of those metal carport styles are very affordable (I had a my 18x21 with 7.5' at the lowest point building delivered and installed for $1200).

http://www.tntcarports.com/pricing/index.html

If you can swing buying a $10000+ tractor, add in the extra 10% to properly store it. Since the 12x21 are $1000 and the 18x21 are $1100...you end up with room to store one of your cars for $100 extra.....

I'm not a salesman for TNT, you can buy any brand, just using them as an example because I was so pleased with their product. They run specials on shipping and free sides and such, totally worth it.

Burt

Equipment
L3700SU, box blade, 6 foot rhino blade, 1 bottom plow, 3 point receiver hitch.
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA
Are Kubotas built to be outside, without shelter?
Chuck172,

Good question. Everyone does things differently. I see those old Orange tractors sitting out year round out here in our rural area. The paint is faded, seats cracked, tires cracking and looking dejected. Yet, I see them also being used in the late Spring and through Summer.

Any protection is better than leaving them out as has been said. Tarp, upside down bed liner, anything to cover it.

Luckily, we have a large enough shed to put ours in and I love getting on it, starting it, driving it out into the weather warming it up. It just makes a huge difference.

If you have a good tractor, you really ought to protect it.

Burt

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
But didn't you forget to mention you keep the Harley in the bedroom! lol
Well Steve where the hell would you keep it,,,:D

Yeah she do have a set of jugs,, and heads and well ok enough

Last edited:

Tire Biter

Equipment
B 2601 434 loader MMM, bunch of tractor stuff . Ford 4600
Jul 10, 2012
S.E. TN
Regarding equipment stored outdoors, leaving it uncovered is the worst case. Covering helps, but condensation is the silent killer here. Mostly, equipment parked outside sits on bare (often damp) ground with no vapor barrier etc. Each cool night, condensation forms on everything. Go out any morning and see condensation on every surface. Know this, the condensation is also getting in the motor through breather openings, exhaust and intake openings, etc. Transmissions, fuel tanks, oil reservoirs, axles etc are all subject to condensation, and it takes its toll.
Whenever I look at used equip. to buy, I can tell right away what was stored outside, and I leave it right where it sits.