Output alternator vs LED light load???

jimbo913

Equipment
L5030 with cab and HST
Apr 22, 2011
PA
After searching around more, it seems the Kubota headlight bulb is a little quirky with the flange around the base. Anyone found a LED replacement bulb, or even identify the model of the stock bulb?
PM me with a photo. If its the one I think it is, I can point you in the right direction.

jimbo913

Equipment
L5030 with cab and HST
Apr 22, 2011
PA
According to Messicks parts diagram the L2900 headlight bulb is Kubota p/n 34070-99010. If you search the big auction site by that number you will find a LED replacement set, which is what I put in my tractor. Super bright 6000k.

I "think" that the LED watt rating is sometimes listed as the "equivalent" like house bulbs. For example, a 60w listed bulb only draws 5w, etc. look at a house bulb package and you will see what I mean.

Good luck and Merry Christmas

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
Ok so I have been looking at adding LED lights. I work in the pitch black this time of year and want to add LOTS of light!

That being said I'm looking at a 200w 24" LED bar on my rops for forward light with 4x 18w side and and rear LED's....
I installed (2) 54w led lights front and rear and they are extremely bright. They are combination flood and spot in each housing. In hindsight, I should have gone with 36w leds, which I use in another application, and are plenty bright. My point being that 200w in a given area is not likely to be much different. I also replaced the running light bulbs and flashers with led bulbs, and at lower rpms the voltage drop is significantly less. Which brings me to my next topic... A larger alternator would be great if available. My Kubota L4060 alternator drops out at lower rpms, and doesn't really start providing reasonable amperage until the engine hits around 1200 rpms. So when you're running all of your lights, make sure to increase your rpms !

m35techa2

Equipment
Kubota BX1800
Dec 28, 2016
Galena, Ohio
I installed two led floods for the front of my bx on the hood brushguard bracket, and one 18w led flood on the back, they work great,