Outdoors with the Morgans goes to Kubota

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
They got rid of RK and have switched to Kubota.

They have a BX and MX5400. It will interesting to watch the tractors on his videos.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Probably were given them as a promo. I watched one episode, that was enough for me.

Wonder if the MX is in the recall?

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Yes, he stated the tractors were on a two year deal with Kubota.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Not trying to demean RK at all but I don't care for them in general. They remind me of a CNH unit, way too European in look for my taste.

I read elsewhere that RK is having or has had issues with them as far as availbility and repairs.

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
They got rid of RK and have switched to Kubota.

They have a BX and MX5400. It will interesting to watch the tractors on his videos.
Thanks for the heads up!
I have watched and enjoyed many of their Youtube videos and will enjoy seeing them put these two Kubota’s to work.

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
He started his channel with the L3901. After using 3 tractor sizes, do you think he'll miss the medium one?

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I think the MX5400 will meet the needs of the medium and the larger one he had. In most of the later videos, he had gotten to like the cab and was using the RK55 for most projects and then using the smaller one for little projects. You weren't seeing the medium one much.

I think the one thing that I would miss, you could have both of the tractors setup with different implements, so you just switch tractors verses switching implements. Although since many only have one tractor, I think this will give a more realistic picture of what most owners go through. They have to work with one tractor and figure out how to get all the projects done.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I watched part of one where he was splitting wood, the slug stood there working the controls and his wife was doing all the work lifting heavy hunks of wood. To say I was not impressed would be an understatement

Fro65

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525, BH77, LP tiller, LP grader box, LP blade, BX2380
Dec 30, 2014
NorthEast Indiana
I watched part of one where he was splitting wood, the slug stood there working the controls and his wife was doing all the work lifting heavy hunks of wood. To say I was not impressed would be an understatement
Skeets,

If you watched more of their videos, you would know that his wife is a physical fitness nut. She WANTS to do the lifting.

I kinda think you owe Mr. Morgan an apology for the "slug" comment.;)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Nope, I said it and I will not apologize for what I think,, in MHO ,NO MAN and I mean any male that thinks he is a man, lets his woman do things like that and pimps her out with camera shots like that. Yes she is fit and she wants to help, and that is all well and good but I am OLD SCHOOL and thats the way it is !

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Nope, I said it and I will not apologize for what I think,, in MHO ,NO MAN and I mean any male that thinks he is a man, lets his woman do things like that and pimps her out with camera shots like that. Yes she is fit and she wants to help, and that is all well and good but I am OLD SCHOOL and thats the way it is !
Thats not old school, thats ancient school. Nothing wrong with a woman outside helping out getting dirty once in a while. Real men arent afraid of this.

Last edited:

Fro65

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525, BH77, LP tiller, LP grader box, LP blade, BX2380
Dec 30, 2014
NorthEast Indiana
So "OLD SCHOOL" means forbidding you wife to do what she enjoys.

O.K.....I get it now.:( Sorry.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Careful now, he lives out your way somewhere..... I wouldn't apologize either. In fact, I'd tell him to his face if I had the chance. I find the entire thing (U-Tube Morgan vids,) kind of corny myself. I watched ONE, that was it but hen YT is just entertainment for me. There is so much bad information on there it's incredible.

People take that stuff for gospel. In reality it's mostly BS. Entertainment only for me.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
Careful now, he lives out your way somewhere..... I wouldn't apologize either. In fact, I'd tell him to his face if I had the chance. I find the entire thing (U-Tube Morgan vids,) kind of corny myself. I watched ONE, that was it but hen YT is just entertainment for me. There is so much bad information on there it's incredible.

People take that stuff for gospel. In reality it's mostly BS. Entertainment only for me.
wait, your going to tell him what to his face?

And wouldnt that put you at risk exposing yourself to the boogyman, covid-19?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
wait, your going to tell him what to his face?

And wouldnt that put you at risk exposing yourself to the boogyman, covid-19?
Only if I got within 5 feet. He can hear me at 5 feet. Only ONE reason he does that crap....COMPENSATION. Whether it's monetary or physical as in free tractors or sawmills. Free is free. All others get to pay.

I'd rather watch paint dry on a barn myself.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
Only if I got within 5 feet. He can hear me at 5 feet. Only ONE reason he does that crap....COMPENSATION. Whether it's monetary or physical as in free tractors or sawmills. Free is free. All others get to pay.

I'd rather watch paint dry on a barn myself.
So what are you going to tell him to his face? Stop filming his wife? So what if hes doing it for compensation? What business is that of yours?

Sheeeesh

I agree, that whole filming yourself doing "stuff" is kind of corny and most of these folks arent the experts they think they are.

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
So what are you going to tell him to his face? Stop filming his wife? So what if hes doing it for compensation? What business is that of yours?

Sheeeesh

I agree, that whole filming yourself doing "stuff" is kind of corny and most of these folks arent the experts they think they are.
None but you keep talking about it. I'm done with the thread. Have a nice day.

dochsml

Equipment
L4701HST
Jan 21, 2020
Leonard, TX, USA
I watched a lot of tractor videos before my recent purchase for the purpose of research and reviews. I stumbled upon the Morgan’s in the process. Their videos seem to be more about themselves and less about the equipment. I understand everyone wants to create their brand or whatever, but put some meat into the videos. I think it’s great that a husband and wife can work together outdoors, but I don’t need to watch their videos to see that. I see it every day with my wife. What I want in these kinds of videos is information. I found myself dragging the fast forward bar past minutes and minutes of them giggling and carrying on hoping to find a nugget of this information. It was few and far between so I moved on. Their format doesn’t seem to be very unique either.