Out of cab PTO use L4060 LE

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
I tried searching but the search function states, disregarded PTO because too short, so have to post this question though it has probably been asked a LOT.

I think, but not sure that I need to buy a switch in order to use the PTO when not on the seat. I engaged it the other day to check the pump for the sprayer to make sure it works before investing time into it and the engine quit the moment my butt left the seat. I didn't see in the manual how to use the PTO for stationary equipment either.

So how does it engage? and do I need the switch and if someone has the part number, appreciated!

I just spent 2 Saturdays rebuilding the sprayer, replaced both tires and tubes and before I even got them dirty drilled a hole in one of them! DOH. I was going to fill and test it, but then remembered, I can't leave the seat.

notaz3

Mar 16, 2021
ID
The LE does not have the PTO switch under the seat. One of the things they left out, along with mirrors, front work lights, cruse control, and rear 12 volt outlet.
Switch part number is 32771-47840. The wiring is there, just need switch and screw.

Reactions: 1 users

ACDII

Equipment
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Thats what I thought. Going to get the switch ordered. I would from Messicks, but my local dealer is the same price without added shipping.

Reactions: 1 user

notaz3

Mar 16, 2021
ID
Messicks is great for finding information; however, like you, I find my local dealer is same or very close to same price.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Messicks is great for finding information; however, like you, I find my local dealer is same or very close to same price.
And probably cheaper if you add in Messicks' shipping charges, at least if you get the part added to the local dealer's normal order, and do not special order it individually.

Reactions: 1 user

ACDII

Equipment
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Agreed. The shipping can be an issue with some stuff, but if they have it in stock and local takes more than a week, sometimes it's worth the cost of shipping to get it sooner.

PortTackFarm

Equipment
L3560 LE (ROP's) w/ LA805 FEL, LP RCF 2072, BB2572 and WoodMaxx WM-8H
Jul 2, 2021
The Ville and The Farm (KY)
The LE does not have the PTO switch under the seat. One of the things they left out, along with mirrors, front work lights, cruse control, and rear 12 volt outlet.
Switch part number is 32771-47840. The wiring is there, just need switch and screw.

Thanks for listing the part number. I want to add that to my tractor. I assume it's the same part number for the L3560 LE ROPS as well. While we're at it, does anyone off hand know the part number to add the Cruise Control switch?

ACDII

Equipment
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
TD350-55210

I think the price went up quite a bit, I think it used to be $56, now its nearly $100.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
And probably cheaper if you add in Messicks' shipping charges, at least if you get the part added to the local dealer's normal order, and do not special order it individually.
The thing I’ve found about Messicks and shipping is that Messicks doesn’t charge shipping….. UPS/FedEx does.
But Messicks DOES give out free technical support when you call them (Doug in Service) about the problems you’re having installing the part you bought. When that part installation is a puzzle and your local dealer has never done it but tries to “make it up” and act like he knows what he’s saying and you screw-up the new part trying to do it the local dealers’ way…. Doug at Messicks will explain the RIGHT way/EASY way to do it…. and that makes the shipping from Messicks worth more than GOLD.